In L.A. Super bored. Any Recommendations?

East

On 9/11/2022 at 10:24 PM, East said:

I am in the mood to dine in L.A. after finishing my bike packing tour of the US. Any recommendations? I never really been to the west coast before and am curious of the selection here.

Confused are you looking for actual dining places or massage? 😅

1 hour ago, Luv2play said:

Forgetting about the clientele, how is the food? And what kind of prices, since their on-line menu doesn't reveal such. Also their hours, ending at 8;30 daily seem limited. Is this to cater to the film crowd who have to show up early for shoots?

Not really a see-and-be-seen 'LA' place.  Geoffrey's is all about a nice, quiet brunch and killer views of the Pacific.  

I'd also recommend The Ivy by the Sea in Santa Monica.  Their chocolate chip cookies are stuff of legend.

If you can swing a last-minute res, Nobu Malibu is the best one in the whole chain.  It's spectacular.

Republique on S. La Brea is awesome.

Langer's Deli has some major pastrami and corned beef.

While I know it's no longer a hot spot, I still love Rao's Hollywood.  I can drink their red sauce.

13 hours ago, Luv2play said:

Forgetting about the clientele, how is the food? And what kind of prices, since their on-line menu doesn't reveal such. Also their hours, ending at 8;30 daily seem limited. Is this to cater to the film crowd who have to show up early for shoots?

Motoring along the Pacific Coast Highway from LA early on a Sunday morning for brunch at Geoffreys's was always a enjoyable experience, particularly with Kristian Elixir (KristianLA) behind the wheel of the car; as by Benjamin Nicholas, the terrace tables overlooking the ocean provide a spectacular view. In my recollection, the food was consistently good and priced reasonably, and, the service was attentive. It was, and, perhaps is, a restaurant where the local Malibu crowd gathered to drink and dine, a very "mellow" venue where fame, fortune and notoriety were checked at the door. Now, a happy memory. . .

Edited by robberbaron4u

• 3 weeks later...