I'M ON VACATION

Epigonos

Well I'm off to Merry Ole England in two hours. I'm doing a two week tour of the great country houses of England. I decided to splurge and am flying Business/First Class. At 81, soon to be 82, I'm too damn old to sit in the cramped economy seats for ten hours. Am traveling with Albion Tour which really does a great job with these type of tours. Will return home on 09/16. Have fun guys and stay well and safe

Edited by Epigonos

10 minutes ago, Epigonos said:

Well I'm off to Merry Ole England in two hours. I'm doing a two week tour of the great country houses of England. I decided to splurge and am flying Business/First Class. At 81, soon to be 82, I'm too damn old to sit in the cramped economy seats for ten hours. Am travel with Albion Tour which really does a great job with these type of tours. Will return home on 09/16. Have fun guys and stay well and safe

Bon voyage, mon ami!

Sounds like a great tour. I can't but agree about avoiding economy air travel if one can. Hope it's a nice airline!

Congrats, I'm SO jealous! My family was all set for a Baltic Sea cruise, in May 2020 - not tough to figure how that turned out. Now, with one brother deceased and Mom an inmate in an Alzheimer's care unit, family travels are a thing of the past- I still do my solo trips, but I'd give anything for the brothers and me to take Mom somewhere interesting. I've always enjoyed Ireland, and Scotland and the North of England is on my short list.

Also, a month in Portugal in the autumn sounds like Heaven!

9 hours ago, coriolis888 said:

Sorry if you feel my posts were in the wrong area of the forum.

My comment was to forestall a continued discussion about airlines in general, not the discussion, including yours, about Epigonos' vacation. Sorry I didn't make that clearer.

I replied to your two posts elsewhere. Here's a link so that others can still read what you had said, as I'm sure Epigonos will find it useful.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I am home again, safe and sound, after a wonderful and “most eventful” trip to England. I was touring Sandringham, Queen Elizabeth II’s, Christmas Holiday estate when it was announced that her health was “delicate.” In fact, she died while I was at Sandringham, but the official announcement was not made until our group was on the way back to the hotel.  Once the announcement was made both Balmoral and Sandringham closed for the duration of the ten days of mourning. Outside of Edinburgh and London there was not a great deal of evidence of her death. However, many of the major churches; York Minster for example closed except for people to sign condolence books. I brought back several days of London newspapers at the request of friends.

United Polaris Class made the ten plus hour trips much more comfortable. The United ground staff went to great lengths to be of assistance getting me checked-in and through security. The Polaris Lounge in Los Angeles was outstanding, and the regular United Lounge in London was excellent thought not of the caliber of the one in L.A. This trip has convinced me that in the future I will, on long flights, be traveling Business Class only.

Edited by Epigonos

• 1 month later...
On 9/2/2022 at 1:12 PM, Epigonos said:

Well I'm off to Merry Ole England in two hours. I'm doing a two week tour of the great country houses of England. I decided to splurge and am flying Business/First Class. At 81, soon to be 82, I'm too damn old to sit in the cramped economy seats for ten hours. Am traveling with Albion Tour which really does a great job with these type of tours. Will return home on 09/16. Have fun guys and stay well and safe

This was one of Epi's last posts. 

I'm sure he's in Polaris class on his way to Heaven!

RIP Brother.