Queer Animals are Everywhere

Karl-G

There is a very interesting article in the Washington Post Magazine today about same-sex behavior in animals, which seems to be extremely common.  More than 1,500 animal species have now been documented engaged in same-sex activity.  And it appears to be for a variety of reasons, including pure pleasure.

Here is a link to the article, https://www.washingtonpost.com/magazine/2022/06/30/queer-animals-are-everywhere-science-is-finally-catching/

although I do not know if there is a firewall.

That's quite an article.

One of the more thoughtful reader comments starts our with a "wink" to the author.

😂

First, I wanted to say that I'm loving all these stories of same-sex sexual behavior in farm animals. Please keep them coming!   

😂

I have had a deep interest in science, particularly zoology since elementary school. So the article isn't telling me anything new. :)

However, not to get too political, I have always found it funny when certain people spout how unnatural homosexuality is and how God would never create such an "abomination." It's funny because as the article shows all types of animals besides humans exhibit homosexual behaviors (for example bonobos). There are animals that switch sexes in certain conditions (certain reptiles and fish specifically) and even animals that contain both sexes in one organism (i.e certain worms and snails). If homosexuality was so unnatural why do so many animals besides human exhibit the behavior? The answer... homosexuality isn't unnatural. :D

13 hours ago, Karl-G said:

There is a very interesting article in the Washington Post Magazine today about same-sex behavior in animals, which seems to be extremely common.  More than 1,500 animal species have now been documented engaged in same-sex activity.  And it appears to be for a variety of reasons, including pure pleasure.

Here is a link to the article, https://www.washingtonpost.com/magazine/2022/06/30/queer-animals-are-everywhere-science-is-finally-catching/

although I do not know if there is a firewall.

I'm very impressed that 1500+ species were able to organize themselves and come together for such an orgy.  😉

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...