Montreal clubs

Colton

Hello!! As I’m visiting montreal and would love some advice as to how the clubs work  

I know there is a cover but how does tips and strippers/private room work? It is by song, how long do you have and what exactly happens? 

Any advice/insight would be greatly appreciated!!! 

also if anyone has tips for Jazzfest, post those too!

Typically by song. 20 CAD per song. Montreal doesn't, from what I remember charge you to go into the lap dance area. You pay the bar cover but that's it and then it's 20 per song and whatever else depending on what you want with the dancer. 

Your direction on how you want to take it but I think it's best to be clear with the dancer what you're thinking/how many songs you want. Or at the very least, have them tell you when a song is up and if a new one is starting. 

I second what Blackout351 said above but will add my two cents that it is VERY important that once you get to the backroom you immediately tell the dancer how many songs you want to do and that he let you know when you get to that number.  It doesn't have to be rough or aggressive. Something like: "Just two dances. OK?"  "Let me know when we've done two."  You can always extend if you want.  That's always worked for me.

As to what happens, I've always just played it by ear and let the dancer take the lead.  If he's waving "it" in your face you could ask "Is it OK if I.....?"  Answers will can vary from "OK" to asking for more money.

5 hours ago, Blackout351 said:

Typically by song. 20 CAD per song. Montreal doesn't, from what I remember charge you to go into the lap dance area. You pay the bar cover but that's it and then it's 20 per song and whatever else depending on what you want with the dancer. 

Your direction on how you want to take it but I think it's best to be clear with the dancer what you're thinking/how many songs you want. Or at the very least, have them tell you when a song is up and if a new one is starting. 

Got quoted $100 for a dance at Campus yesterday 🤪 

On 6/15/2022 at 11:30 PM, jerryskater said:

Wonder if that's a reaction to the risk of monkeypox.  Seems way excessive to me.  Were there any extras mentioned?

Is it risky to get monkeypox from a private dance?

Sounds like $20, plus $80 sucker tax, unless he is trying to secure blocks of songs, ie, 5 in this case, that strategically makes sense to reduce number of contacts while earning. 

Strippers can get inoculated a block away. They should wait 2 weeks and be showing clients their Imvamune vaccination certificate. Their contact volume surely poses a greater risk to them, thus to you. And yes, the transmission risk for a lapdance in a tight area with physical contact and breathing inches away from each other is likely high, if either is currently infectious. 

Edited by SirBillybob

4 hours ago, Pat70 said:

Is it risky to get monkeypox from a private dance?

It should not be any more risky to get monkeypox from a private dance than it would be to get monkeypox any other way.  I would think the body is going to react however it's going to react to the virus regardless from where the virus is gotten.

8 minutes ago, mcbg22 said:

Got the monkeypox vaccine for free nearly since there was a walk in clinic. No need to be a Quebec resident.

I think there is a second dose 4 weeks after.  Will you be in Quebec long enough for that?

On 6/15/2022 at 11:30 PM, jerryskater said:

Wonder if that's a reaction to the risk of monkeypox.  Seems way excessive to me.  Were there any extras mentioned?

no extras mentioned but i realize now who it was. i didn’t know who he was until looking into it. apparently it was kenzo alvarez so that probably shot his price up lol

5 hours ago, Colton said:

I think there is a second dose 4 weeks after.  Will you be in Quebec long enough for that?

No province has a plan to administer second doses at this point. I live in Toronto anyway so I should get access to a second dose eventually should public health decider to administer it. 

20 hours ago, Vegas_nw1982 said:

It should not be any more risky to get monkeypox from a private dance than it would be to get monkeypox any other way.  I would think the body is going to react however it's going to react to the virus regardless from where the virus is gotten.

It has been ages since I got private dances at Campus but at that time there was lots of skin on skin contact between the dancers and myself, including in the genital area. They would rub their naked butts on my groin with my pants pulled down, all in a darkened booth. 

Wouldn't do that these days.😒

Edited by Luv2play

11 hours ago, jerryskater said:

Do you have to be a Canadian citizen?

No, but you would register at the admin screening desk prior to the injection as Quebec residents, Canadians, everyone is required, with valid ID. Most in Quebec using QC health card, Canadians their province/terr health card or passport, foreign nationals their passport. You can see further instructions I have been posting in the Health section under ‘Monkeypox a new worry… ’ thread. 

Edited by SirBillybob

16 minutes ago, Alfstoria said:

Campus is really, revamping and polishing their social media

Check the updated site: https://campusmtl.com/

i wasn't going to visit Montreal until after Aug. but i may go for the 4th of July weekend 😛

gee, lots of pictures of drinks and drink menus scattered all about......nice-looking website, but.....well.....you know!

On 6/23/2022 at 6:43 PM, Alfstoria said:

Campus is really, revamping and polishing their social media

Check the updated site: https://campusmtl.com/

i wasn't going to visit Montreal until after Aug. but i may go for the 4th of July weekend 😛

The BIG NEWS from Campus is that as of this past Friday there is a new owner...Thursday night was a goodbye party for long-time owner Gary.  I was in the bar around 6 pm on Thursday (pretty empty at that hour) and reconnected with an Montreal acquaintance who told me the news.  He also told me the name of the new owner but didn't have much else to add...

I stopped in briefly again around 10 pm.  The crowd was standing-room only (but they had not opened up the space to the right).  About 60% female.  There were actually dancers onstage and in my first 3 minutes someone solicited me for a dance.  I didn't stay long...too crowded for comfort.

This no doubt explains the new website which I would like to believe is a harbinger of a renascence for what used to be my favorite club.

Edited by newatthis