Workman’s Lunch in NYC

Gfantaps

19 hours ago, DMICS said:

Never been but I'm on the newsletter list so I always get emails about the events. Always wanted to go to that, Blow Buddies and some of the other weekday events but figured the attendance probably isn't as big.

Also, was always curious if I, a POC, would fit in.

Short answer is YES! I've been to a few Workmen's Lunches where close to 50% of the attendees were POC.

18 hours ago, pubic_assistance said:

It's NYC.

These events attract people of all shades from all backgrounds.

On the surface, that’s true. 

But the places I’ve gone to, like The Eagle during pride for jock strap night, I barely see anyone that looks like me.

7 hours ago, DMICS said:

But the places I’ve gone to, like The Eagle during pride for jock strap night, I barely see anyone that looks like me.

I've only been to the Eagle once or twice...but my impression of the whole leather / denim scene is that it is rather centered around a very specific segment of gay culture.

Some sex parties also have a specific demographic. ( Piss Party for College boys or the Brooklyn Thug Party which is strictly for men of color) In my experience most of the big parties tend to be a mix of people. Not that you're going to find everyone is into everyone.

I remember a young black fellow at Lou Marotta's Loft parties who was one of the most beautiful men I've ever met. Sadly told me, he was only attracted to other black men. 😥 To each, his own.

No one likes rejection but if you don't try you're guaranteed to fail.

Edited by pubic_assistance
grammar

5 hours ago, DMICS said:

A lot of people look like me at The Eagle in New York City.  However, very few if anyone looks like me at the bars in Hell's Kitchen.  If that's what I enjoy, then I go.

On 11/7/2023 at 12:56 PM, DMICS said:

You may want to try some of the events put on at Rainbow Playground in Long Island City. They probably have the most diverse attendees out of all the NYC parties.  The promoter even does events in Manhattan. Compared to other venues, the Queens location is the most spacious and even has private rooms.  Tuesday nights are usually packed with up to 100 guys, as are Fridays and Saturdays. The subway is across the street from the venue for those who are commuting from Manhattan.

SCUM is another promoter that touts itself as having the most inclusive events of all colors, sizes and even gender/sexual identities. They have weekly events 3 nights a week in Manhattan and once a month in Brooklyn.

Hope this helps.