Business Class Discount Sites

Lucky

In the past, I’ve purchased business class tickets from Expedia are a lower price than the airlines website’s price.  I just recently priced a ticket from IAH to TLV for October.  United’s best prices business class ticket is $5,892.  IAH-FRA-TVL/ TLV-EWR-IAH

When I search on Kayak, I found a business class ticket on United for $3,960 – operated by Lufthansa.  When you click on the link, you are directed back to the United website for purchase. IAH-FRA-TVL/TLV-FRA-IAH

On Expedia I found a business class ticket for $3,466 on Air France. IAH-CDG-TLV/TLV-AMS-IAH

In the past, I’ve found United business class tickets cheaper on Expedia for the exact same flights.  And, I’ve earned United miles on those tickets as well.  When I’ve purchased airline tickets from tour operators, I don’t earn miles because those tickets are sold to the tour operators at a bulk rate.  Always check your fare class code before purchasing so you understand if you will or will not earn miles.

I checked Expedia to Rio, and did find tickets in Business Class for almost half of what the airline was offering.

I also checked  domestic trip that I was interested in, and the same flights for which United wanted $732, were $594 on Expedia. Hmm.

What a fucking joke! The $732 airfare yesterday was $1032 today! Then, once you book and get to pick seats, they want you to pay for any seat not in the back of the plane! Unbelievable! I got the two tickets using miles, but even they had risen. I had to use all of my miles for two coach seats...175,000 miles and $130. For a domestic trip!

@Lucky - I know, am being lazy. Spank me! LOL

Yes, I have used this successfully before - especially when I had multiple-city flights and had to use my other travel awards and status across Delta, United, and other airlines. I don't remember the costs, exactly, but I remembered that looking at the exact flight plan myself vs. when they booked it for me, I only had to pay 30-40% of what I had initially thought.

9 hours ago, mike carey said:

He may have been referring to this site.

https://businessclassconsolidator.com/

Sounds great...  That is, until things go wrong, there's an aircraft swap, flight delay, cancelation, missing crew, etc and the airline tells you on your discounter fare to kick sand.

Do your due diligence.  Decipher the fare code.  Know your rules of carriage.

On 4/29/2022 at 6:27 PM, Lucky said:

What a fucking joke! The $732 airfare yesterday was $1032 today! Then, once you book and get to pick seats, they want you to pay for any seat not in the back of the plane! Unbelievable! I got the two tickets using miles, but even they had risen. I had to use all of my miles for two coach seats...175,000 miles and $130. For a domestic trip!

It's called dynamic pricing and it's been a part of commercial air travel for over a decade.

If you have elite status, you get to pick seats gratis.

It's not unbelievable.  It's just business.  They have shareholders. 

You snooze, you lose.  That's why I don't usually book on discounters and stick to the airline websites, where I can put a fare on hold for up to 10 days while I think about it.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/3/2022 at 3:12 PM, JoeMendoza said:

@Lucky - I know, am being lazy. Spank me! LOL

Yes, I have used this successfully before - especially when I had multiple-city flights and had to use my other travel awards and status across Delta, United, and other airlines. I don't remember the costs, exactly, but I remembered that looking at the exact flight plan myself vs. when they booked it for me, I only had to pay 30-40% of what I had initially thought.

I looked at the BBB complaints for businessclassconsolidator.com and there are many. Mostly flights canceled because of Covid resulted in problems for consolidator tickets. The airlines refunded, but the consolidator didn't.

Edited by Lucky

3 hours ago, Lucky said:

I looked at the BBB complaints for businessclassconsolidator.com and there are many. Mostly flights canceled because of Covid resulted in problems for consolidator tickets. The airlines refunded, but the consolidator didn't.

Always read a site's TOS.  They're pretty clear about not issuing refunds, but credits for cancellations. 

A lot of those BBB reviews are also from people who don't understand fare codes to begin with.

People buy without thinking or reading.  They just see the cheaper price and book.  Don't be that person.

Screen Shot 2022-05-27 at 10.52.22 AM.png

12 hours ago, Lucky said:

I am one of those people that @BenjaminNicholas refers to re: not reading the ToS - the third time I used BCC I was in a rush to book a trip to India for my friend getting married in mid-Feb 2020 (I found out mid-Jan). I was in a layover in CDG when things started getting shut down - and never got to attend the wedding, but obviously wanted to get some money back. It took a while to get something back - I got an offer for a credit or a check sent to me more than 18 months later, but at the least I got something. I wouldn't necessarily fault them for it since it was an extraordinary situation they were in and probably were not prepared to handle all the cancellations. At the end of the day, I'd still use 'em, but not till I feel safe traveling internationally again.

• 1 year later...

If you go to EU a lot, it's much cheaper to buy RT's from EU to US. Biz especially is much cheaper from EU to US,. You just have to watch for the very frequent sales in EU. I just got a biz coming to US on KLM (through KLM) last week, going back in early Dec in Biz for $2K RT. Over here it's hard to see the EU sales. Tix are good for up to a year "return". 

Edited by tassojunior

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, BenjaminNicholas said:

Good price if that's in BA's new Club World seat. 

If it's the old seat...  Godspeed. 

and from DC (and Baltimore for BA) we only get old models usually.

update: just got a notice the BA Business sale has been extended to Thanksgiving to New Years at $2300 RT  to most major cities in EU and it does include Club Suite flights (labeled "Individual Suites" in google.) Great Christmas price ! 10% discount through AARP site and another 10% with Chase BA card. 

Edited by tassojunior