No charging at the airport

Doe Be Doe
This topic is 757 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Also, on thing I noticed outlets that are long pass their operational life. Even if they have power, the outlet is way loose.  Cynically, some of the bars/restaurants tables have more reliable connections.  

I travel with a USB power-pack/battery, and sometimes with the 4 way USB charger so my travelmates can share one outlet.

55 minutes ago, azdr0710 said:

Aren't the airport operators in charge (no pun intended) of that rather than the airlines?

It depends on the airport.

Some airports are set up where each airline is responsible for the operation and maintenance within its terminal.  This was the norm with older larger airports, notably JFK.

McCarran Airport (LAS) pushed the envelope by having the Airport operate and maintain all of the facilities, and merely charging the airline per gate/counter they use.  Today, most airports follow the McCarran model.

The same can be said for airlines and the lack of (working) power ports on their equipment.

Always carry your own power bank(s).  For me, Anker makes some of the best.  If you travel through airports a lot, it's a must-pack that can save you from having to sit on a floor or power down mid-flight.

Edited by Benjamin_Nicholas

4 hours ago, BeamerBikes said:

Also, on thing I noticed outlets that are long pass their operational life. Even if they have power, the outlet is way loose.  Cynically, some of the bars/restaurants tables have more reliable connections.  

I travel with a USB power-pack/battery, and sometimes with the 4 way USB charger so my travelmates can share one outlet.

I have heard that many things become way loose as they near the end of their operational life... lol.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2022 at 4:29 PM, Benjamin_Nicholas said:

This is why I always pack a carrier pigeon in my checked bag.

But if you needed to use it at the airport, wouldn't you need the bird in your carrion luggage?

Carrion Bag | Bags | The Wildlife Center of Virginia

29 minutes ago, Unicorn said:

But if you needed to use it at the airport, wouldn't you need the bird in your carrion luggage?

Carrion Bag | Bags | The Wildlife Center of Virginia

Is that a picture of a vulture on that bag? If so it is quite appropriate. I'm not sure I'd feel happy carrying a bag labelled as being for decaying meat even as a carry on.  😁