Help Pick Our New Logo

RadioRob
This topic is 763 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Which design do you like most?   

103 members have voted

1. 1. Which design do you like most?

This poll is closed to new votes

I've been soliciting feedback from members on the new logo for our website.  Based on feedback received as well as my own judgement, I've narrowed the selection down to the following selections.  Please vote for your favorite.  (The vote is non-binding and is simply to help me in making a decision.)

Also...  I have an opportunity to ask the designers to make modifications for the next few days...  this includes changing colors, fonts, moving elements around, etc.  So if you have feedback on changes, feel free to suggest them.  

OPTION 1 BELOW
IMG_2034.JPG

OPTION 2 BELOW

IMG_2035.JPG

OPTION 3 BELOW
IMG_2036.JPG

OPTION 4 BELOW
IMG_2037.JPG

OPTION 5 BELOW
IMG_2038.JPG

OPTION 6 BELOW
IMG_2039.JPG

OPTION 7 BELOW
IMG_2040.JPG

OPTION 8 BELOW
IMG_2041.JPG

OPTION 9 BELOW
IMG_2042.JPG

36 minutes ago, pubic_assistance said:

I agree.

I can browse the site discreetly now.

Would like to keep it that way.

These don't allow anyone to do that .

Incorrect.  :)

I've already stated multiple times that the current theme will continue to be supported.  Just like you can pick if you want to view this site in Dark Mode or normal.  

3 hours ago, RadioRob said:

I've already stated multiple times that the current theme will continue to be supported.  Just like you can pick if you want to view this site in Dark Mode or normal.  

Thanks

I wasn't in on that conversation.

I appreciate your efforts to respond to concerns.

I DO love that I can have this site open on my phone while sitting on the subway.

Just curious if a weighted vote with 3 choices might give a better representation of where choices lie.   For example, the current leader would be my seventh or eight choice and it is unlikely I would ever buy any merchandise with that logo.  

Besides the one I chose, there are at least three others for which I would be willing to plunk down some dollars for sweatshirt, t shirt etc.  

4 minutes ago, marylander1940 said:

@RadioRob 

Any chance we could do a ballotage  between the 2 logos with the most votes? 

It’s a non-binding poll.  @RadioRobwill use it to inform his final decision. 
And I still say ballotage sounds like it belongs in the fetish forum. 

Kevin Slater   

To close the loop on this...  

• I licensed/purchased two of the logos.  Option 1 and Option 8.  
  • Given the popularity of Option 1, it will be the "default" logo.  Meaning this is the one you will see if you are not logged in, and if you have not implicitly set a theme.  
  • Option 8's logo will be available in a different theme.
  • For those who absolutely hate all of this, the current logo/theme will continued to be maintained.  I'll create a "Legacy M4M-Forum" theme that you will be able to select as YOUR site default.  

Really appreciate the legacy theme option.  I can't tell you how many sites I've seen lose users over a controversial redesign, when there's just no need for it.  Big thanks for putting in the time and effort on that front, Rob!

(I do wish the URL could remain discreet as well, but there's obviously no way to have login-specific options there.)

I've had a chance to rework #8 a bit more....  

image.png

For those that don't like purple, you can actually change your background with a new background picker.  

image.png

For example, switching to the "Navy" background...  it changes the view to:

image.png

4 minutes ago, pubic_assistance said:

Here's a stupid question .....what's wrong with the current Logo and web pages ?

Several things:

• There will be more to this site than being "just a forum".  
  • As we look to add reviews, and other features, the existing domain name does not tie any of it together.
  • The current domain name was picked because the original one was down and we had no way to gain control of it.  It was about 5 minutes of thought and was meant to be a bandaid.  
  • The current look/feel is a default IPB skin with a graphic copied over from the old site.  Again, it's not personalized or unique in any way.  
  • The new themes give much more flexibility and options including letting people customize their color selections more
  • The new themes include better mobile support.  

I get it...  some people don't like change and are resistant to it.  What's funny is I was having this same conversation when we converted this site from Xenforo to IPB just about a year ago.  There were people who were asking what was wrong with the old Xenforo instance, etc.  

For those that just can't get comfortable with the new look...  I've already said that the existing theme (meaning the current look/feel) will be retained.  You can switch to this design literally with two clicks.  

image.png

12 minutes ago, RadioRob said:

I get it...  some people don't like change and are resistant to it.

Well....I'm a professional designer ...so I love change. But in my industry change is done to take a step forward.  None of these logos are "better" than the existing one. Sorry...but I just don't think you should change to inferior graphics

41 minutes ago, pubic_assistance said:

Well....I'm a professional designer ...so I love change. But in my industry change is done to take a step forward.  None of these logos are "better" than the existing one. Sorry...but I just don't think you should change to inferior graphics

You’re certainly welcome to that opinion regarding the logo.  But again… it’s one opinion among THOUSANDS. I’ve been involved with managing websites for literally over twenty years and one lesson that I learned early on was that I would never be able to please everyone.  While I do listen to all feedback, I can’t always do what everyone wants/asks. Instead I can only make decisions based on what I think is right for the community as a whole. Time will tell if that decision was the right one. 

Feel free to continue using the original theme once the new one is introduced.  Generally you won’t find that option available on other sites. So I would like to think I’ve done a respectable job of accommodating everyone as part of the process. 

18 hours ago, RadioRob said:

Several things:

• There will be more to this site than being "just a forum".  
  • As we look to add reviews, and other features, the existing domain name does not tie any of it together.
  • The current domain name was picked because the original one was down and we had no way to gain control of it.  It was about 5 minutes of thought and was meant to be a bandaid.  
  • The current look/feel is a default IPB skin with a graphic copied over from the old site.  Again, it's not personalized or unique in any way.  
  • The new themes give much more flexibility and options including letting people customize their color selections more
  • The new themes include better mobile support.  

I get it...  some people don't like change and are resistant to it.  What's funny is I was having this same conversation when we converted this site from Xenforo to IPB just about a year ago.  There were people who were asking what was wrong with the old Xenforo instance, etc.  

For those that just can't get comfortable with the new look...  I've already said that the existing theme (meaning the current look/feel) will be retained.  You can switch to this design literally with two clicks.  

image.png

Your patience and willingness to respond to all queries are mighty appreciated, and I thank you.  

I truly like how you've and your support have recreated what was left; I've been here for a very long time and can witness and attest to what has transpired.  Keep up the stellar work.

On 3/18/2022 at 8:46 PM, RadioRob said:

I get it...  some people don't like change and are resistant to it.

I think you've done a really terrific job Rob -- somebody had to step up and you've taken care of things that could easily have doomed the site.  I don't think that can be stated enough.

I would really, really encourage you to avoid jumping to the above conclusion, though, when people voice different points of view.  For two reasons:

1. It feels incredibly patronizing, and a little bit arrogant, to have thoughtful feedback written off as "oh it's just somebody who can't handle change."  It's dismissive, and it erodes community rather than building it.

2. It's inaccurate!  There are all kinds of reasons somebody might disagree with a decision you make.  This is the nature of being a leader.  If you want to ignore concerns from people who disagree with you, that's your call -- and as the guy who's actually getting shit done, you're entitled! -- but there are a lot of practical, operational benefits to hearing people out, especially when they disagree with you.

This has come up a few times now.  I hope you'll consider what I'm saying here seriously.  I write this in good faith, with respect for what you've accomplished, and because I'd like things to continue to prosper here.  Cheers.

My goal is not to be patronizing.  I apologize to those who interpreted my comments in that way.  And I absolutely understand that people will have different view points.  Hopefully you've seen that over the past year that encouraging a healthy discussion on ANY topic is something that is important to me.  

As I noted earlier, I understand that people won't always agree with the decisions that I make.  Instead, I've tried to be open and transparent in WHY I've made the decisions that I made.  

But just because I can't always do something that is noted or asked does not mean I don't care or that I'm not listening!  :) 

This topic is 763 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.