Russian chaturbators

bjluver80

Not posted anything here for a long time, but just wondering about the many Russians who use Chaturbate, OF and other platforms to make money. Noticed fewer Russians on the Chaturbate site than normal. My question is whether these guys are able to actually receive their money? With more payment systems cutting ties with Russia, not sure how they are going to earn a living.

I realize that is not exactly a priority at all for the Putting on the Ritz Cracker man, but it does make me wonder.

I think it's an interesting question. Hopefully this thread does not become political, but as a question regarding performers it's something to consider.

Chaturbate says it offers payment via Paxum, CosmoPayment, ePayService, Skrill, Bitcoin, Check by mail, or Wire Transfer. In the USA, Direct Deposit is also offered.

I think wire transfer is probably out of the question at this point. I'm not sure about the others. I've heard the various reports about cryptocurrency being a possible way to evade sanctions, but presumably it needs to be converted to cash at some point through the banking system if the funds are to be used for living expenses. 

It looks like Paxum is not processing payments in Belarus, Russia and Ukraine.  Skrill is based in the UK so it's possible they might be pressured next. I couldn't find much about CosmoPayment and ePayService. I think it's safe to say that Bitcoin will remain safe for this kind of thing. They have a pretty strict decentralization ethos and have already said they are not going to block Russia from the blockchains. 

Edited by keroscenefire

• 6 months later...
On 9/28/2022 at 8:04 PM, glutes said:

I just had a model from RU ask me to help him get refugee status. And he's a handsome specimen.

I was with a (former) Russian for 13.5 years, and helped him gain asylum. It's a proposition worth considering...