Blizzard?

purplekow
This topic is 854 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Well I took a hard pounding last night.  I was bent at the waist, my hands on the wall,  looking out, my dark backyard seemed tighter than usual and it was hard to imagine eight inches filling up that space.  And then it stated.  First a soft whisper I could feel blowing on my neck and then more intense blowing that had me worried that I might not survive the onslaught.   I gasped a bit as my backyard started to fill up, inch by inch, over the night eventually eight inches would fill up that small tight space. It seemed like more.   It was difficult to imagine what damage that depth would do. Would that tight back area survive?.  It gets very little attention and taking eight inches was bound to be eventful  and would seem  even bigger considering how little it is used.  After what seemed to be an eternity, at last the expected depth was reached and yet the pounding kept coming.  Then suddenly it stopped.  Just a moment of tension before I would know whether or not it was over.  But it was not over and soon it was coming harder than I could imagine.  White stuff over every inch of my rear entry.   I had better and start cleaning up.   "hey throw me towel I asked as I walked to the shower". This made me realize I need to get that area plowed in the future.  

1 hour ago, purplekow said:

Well I took a hard pounding last night.  I was bent at the waist, my hands on the wall,  looking out, my dark backyard seemed tighter than usual and it was hard to imagine eight inches filling up that space.  And then it stated.  First a soft whisper I could feel blowing on my neck and then more intense blowing that had me worried that I might not survive the onslaught.   I gasped a bit as my backyard started to fill up, inch by inch, over the night eventually eight inches would fill up that small tight space. It seemed like more.   It was difficult to imagine what damage that depth would do. Would that tight back area survive?.  It gets very little attention and taking eight inches was bound to be eventful  and would seem  even bigger considering how little it is used.  After what seemed to be an eternity, at last the expected depth was reached and yet the pounding kept coming.  Then suddenly it stopped.  Just a moment of tension before I would know whether or not it was over.  But it was not over and soon it was coming harder than I could imagine.  White stuff over every inch of my rear entry.   I had better and start cleaning up.   "hey throw me towel I asked as I walked to the shower". This made me realize I need to get that area plowed in the future.  

Well done!  But you should come up to northern Ontario where 8-inches is just a dusting - lol.

11 minutes ago, purplekow said:

I lived in Buffalo so I have some idea but eight inches seems more than enough to satisfy my wintry needs.

I didn't know you lived in Buffalo! 

But yeah after two storms this month in Buffalo where we got 16 inches with one and 20 with another I am so glad to get zero this time. But snow is on the way for here midweek. But it comes after a warmup so at least can get some melting first.