Anyone Here Drinking Beet Juice Daily?

LIguy

I'm recovering from several health issues including Lymphoma and Congestive Heart Failure and a relative told me all about the benefits of beet juice so I bought some organic juice from Amazon and started taking it. I drink an 8oz bottle on an empty stomach in the morning but too soon to feel any results.  I was just curious if anyone on here was using it and their experience. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Tygerscent said:

I enjoy this product: organic, no extra sugar and taste delicious~ It’s a powder of Chrystal’s and mixed into orange juice or water or whatever~ I just scoop out a spoonful and wolf it down just as it is~ 

BACBCCF9-B5B0-482E-8480-EAD1CC63A5D8.jpeg

3189876A-08EB-4CB7-977E-03A33E57727C.jpeg

The nutrient level seems quite low.  Does the benefit come from trace elements that aren't listed?

1 hour ago, CuriousByNature said:

The nutrient level seems quite low.  Does the benefit come from trace elements that aren't listed?

Nitrates (NO3) are what make beet juice helpful.  

However, based on multiple studies, you're likely better off taking a daily vasodilator.  The same pills or powders that bodybuilders use as pre-workouts.  

15 minutes ago, Benjamin_Nicholas said:

However, based on multiple studies, you're likely better off taking a daily vasodilator.  The same pills or powders that bodybuilders use as pre-workouts.  

Do you have a recommendation? I know beet juice is a great blood pressure solution.

5 hours ago, CuriousByNature said:

The beet crystals contain the nitric oxide boosting compounds that make beet juice the beneficial thing it is~ The main benefit of beets is their nitric oxide boosting abilities~ It’s in addition to increasing your intake of folates and antioxidants~ 

4 hours ago, Benjamin_Nicholas said:

My FB is turned on by the blood vessels in my arms and hands. He bought me a bag of beet juice powder to bring them out more.  I have used it a couple times - I think it might work.  I have read you have to be careful with it, it can supposedly lower BP enough to make you pass out.

• 1 year later...
On 1/4/2022 at 10:51 AM, BenjaminNicholas said:

I use this as a pre-workout:

https://puruslabs.com/products/noxygen

This is interesting - I’ve been looking for a non-caffeinated preworkout. Is this one still working for you? I like mine but I don’t like having to take sleep medication every lifting day just to get to sleep at a decent hour. (I can’t go to the gym early mornings.)

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2022 at 6:29 PM, LIguy said:

...a relative told me all about the benefits of beet juice...

Let me guess. Your relative is a medical scientist whose work involves scientific studies on beet juice. NOT!

On 1/4/2022 at 1:39 PM, Tygerscent said:

I enjoy this product: organic, no extra sugar and taste delicious~ It’s a powder of Chrystal’s and mixed into orange juice or water or whatever~ I just scoop out a spoonful and wolf it down just as it is~ 

BACBCCF9-B5B0-482E-8480-EAD1CC63A5D8.jpeg

3189876A-08EB-4CB7-977E-03A33E57727C.jpeg

image.png.8b000bf376d2652a7ac169ce93f1ecb7.png

image.png.2e63911a24cd329cf9ce647e91837bd6.png

image.png.97379d4603e20203dbc2c46ac324ed1f.png

Ya… who knows what these folks were thinking… Quick, write to them and get this straightened out~ 

pubmed-meta-image.png
PUBMED.NCBI.NLM.NIH.GOV

Beetroot juice (BRJ) has become increasingly popular amongst athletes aiming to improve sport performances...

0222EIOLIBeets_SC.jpg
WWW.HEART.ORG

Beets are full of color and nutrients that give them medicinal properties that could help fight diseases.

13 hours ago, Tygerscent said:

Ya… who knows what these folks were thinking… Quick, write to them and get this straightened out~ 

pubmed-meta-image.png
PUBMED.NCBI.NLM.NIH.GOV

Beetroot juice (BRJ) has become increasingly popular amongst athletes aiming to improve sport performances...

0222EIOLIBeets_SC.jpg
WWW.HEART.ORG

Beets are full of color and nutrients that give them medicinal properties that could help fight diseases.

I'm not sure what you were trying to show with that post, but no links to any studies showing a positive effect of the extract on exercise capacity (showing something "may" have some effect is just silly, anything may do anything). While the 2nd article states "...Beets are low in fat and high in fiber. Half a cup of boiled beets contains 0.15 grams of fat and 1.7 grams of fiber, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture. They are rich in vitamins C, A and K, which contribute to good bone health, along with several other B vitamins, which may protect against dementia and memory loss by improving blood flow to the brain...", a quick look at the nutritional information in the beet extract label three posts above show that the extract contains only simple carbohydrates (sugar), and NO fiber or other nutritional value:

Of course, they'e low in fat. They're mostly pure sugar.

image.png