I Did It...2022 Mid-Atlantic Leather (MAL) Weekend

MysticMenace
This topic is 884 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

2022 MAL Weekend Plans  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Are You Planning on Going?

• Hell to the no no no...
    • I would consider it, but hell, DC is too damn far from me.
    • Maybe...I'll think about it...
    • Absofreakinglutely! Still have to register and all that though!
    • Got you beat, bitch! Registered and all that way before you!

3 hours ago, JoeMendoza said:

I haven't been, but decided to jump the gun and registered for the weekend package and my hotel room at the Hyatt. Hope to see you there!

https://www.leatherweekend.com

You made it into the Hyatt? That's great! I was too slow to register this year so will be staying up the street at The George. Staying at the Hyatt is really fun.

We haven't posted on this in a while but planning some Forum get togethers that weekend. I'm not sure how many people will be coming this year, but I'll be there and welcome meeting up with others!

Edited by nate_sf

3 minutes ago, nate_sf said:

You made it into the Hyatt? That's great! I was too slow to register this year so will be staying up the street at The George. Staying at the Hyatt is really fun.

We haven't posted on this in a while but planning some Forum get togethers that weekend. I'm not sure how many people will be coming this year, but I'll be there and welcome meeting up with others!

OMG! Thank you for that reply - all this time I thought I booked the right Hyatt and after re-checking my confirmation, I had booked the Hyatt Place. Ugh. Well, that's sad.

8 minutes ago, JoeMendoza said:

OMG! Thank you for that reply - all this time I thought I booked the right Hyatt and after re-checking my confirmation, I had booked the Hyatt Place. Ugh. Well, that's sad.

Hey don't feel bad. If it's the one on E St SW it's a nice hotel. I stayed there last time. Unless it's really freezing, it's a nice walk across the mall over to the MAL Hyatt.

But if you can cancel, see if you can find a room at one of the hotels nearby MAL. That's how I ended up at The George.

24 minutes ago, nate_sf said:

Hey don't feel bad. If it's the one on E St SW it's a nice hotel. I stayed there last time. Unless it's really freezing, it's a nice walk across the mall over to the MAL Hyatt.

But if you can cancel, see if you can find a room at one of the hotels nearby MAL. That's how I ended up at The George.

man, I wish the forum has connections to the MAL organizers or the Hyatt Regency hotel...would have loved to experience my first time in the actual hotel where this is all going down.

I'm concerned that several of DC's draws are now closed. One could attend the weekend of MAL and have a lot of fun even if not registered for the main event. Secrets/Zigfield's the drag/stripper bar is closed. The DC Eagle which got playful is gone. DC Hummer (which used to be CODE DC) which hosted a few events a year appears to be a covid casualty. There is no evidence that they or anyone else will run the clothes-check mega event at the Glorious Health Club.

As much a I enjoyed brunch at Annie's it looks like it's the only venue still open. Do any DC members have other event or place suggestions? 

On 9/16/2021 at 8:12 PM, JoeMendoza said:

so u don't recommend actually staying at the Hyatt Regency? I mean, I wouldn't think their walls would be that thin, no?

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency once, and it was surprisingly quiet. With doors closed, you don't hear a lot, and people do go to sleep eventually. Maybe I was on a dunce floor, but I found it as quiet as any other hotel.

7 hours ago, Snbrd said:

I'm concerned that several of DC's draws are now closed. One could attend the weekend of MAL and have a lot of fun even if not registered for the main event. Secrets/Zigfield's the drag/stripper bar is closed. The DC Eagle which got playful is gone. DC Hummer (which used to be CODE DC) which hosted a few events a year appears to be a covid casualty. There is no evidence that they or anyone else will run the clothes-check mega event at the Glorious Health Club.

As much a I enjoyed brunch at Annie's it looks like it's the only venue still open. Do any DC members have other event or place suggestions? 

I've had the same concerns, and wondering if it makes sense to do a gathering this year. But I think the basics are still available, with Annie's for brunch and meeting for happy hour at MAL on Friday. I've never registered for MAL itself but have had lots of fun going to some of the events a la carte. Anyone can come into the lobby and go to the bar, no registration needed.

Losing Secrets/Zigfield's is a real bummer. That was one of my favorite parts of the weekend. It doesn't sound like there is anything to replace it. 

I've already got my flights and hotel so I'm committed to going, even if just a few of us meet up. Maybe this is a chance to mix it up a bit and try some new venues. Definitely open to other event or place suggestions!

• 3 months later...
Just now, Pensant said:

1000’s of cancelled flights, an omicron surge? January isn’t looking like a fun time to travel, is it?

Indeed! Not only for traveling. I am a DC local. Right now, Omicron is surging in this area. I would not go to big gatherings in pubic places. This year, I am afraid I will not joining the forum DC gathering, if it is still happening.