Today marks my birthday and the biggest risk I have taken.

Daniel84
This topic is 1106 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

As many of you guys know I am a photographer and a Massure. I have been looking for a new portrait studio in Manhattan vs my current Greenpoint location. I found a beautiful 2nd floor commercial space. It’s located in Chelsea 23rd and 7th.

The space is around 1000-1200 square feet with wrap around windows that takes the entire 2nd floor of the building.

My broker and I settled upon the 5 year lease, rent and consessions ( 3 months free)

This Friday is my bday and how poetic I do the walk-through with the landlord and contractor tomorrow morning.

It’s nerve racking having a one bedroom apt in Hell’s Kitchen and now a commercial space for my photography business.

If you guys that are local ever needed headshots, portraits or sexy photos for dating apps I would to take care of you guys in my new space.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As many of you guys know I am a photographer and a Massure. I have been looking for a new portrait studio in Manhattan vs my current Greenpoint location. I found a beautiful 2nd floor commercial space. It’s located in Chelsea 23rd and 7th.

The space is around 1000-1200 square feet with wrap around windows that takes the entire 2nd floor of the building.

My broker and I settled upon the 5 year lease, rent and consessions ( 3 months free)

This Friday is my bday and how poetic I do the walk-through with the landlord and contractor tomorrow morning.

It’s nerve racking having a one bedroom apt in Hell’s Kitchen and now a commercial space for my photography business.

If you guys that are local ever needed headshots, portraits or sexy photos for dating apps I would to take care of you guys in my new space.

I hope you got a heckuva deal. Demand for Manhattan commercial space in April 2021 was 27% lower than in April 2020, despite falling rents. A 10% vacancy rate is considered a renter's market. Vacancy is currently at 16.5%.

Even if you got a steal of a deal, a 5-year lease is still a big commitment, and even rock-bottom rent in Manhattan must be a pretty penny. So your photography business must be doing pretty well for you to make the leap. Good for you! I wish you all the best with your endeavor.

PS: Happy Birthday!

That area in Chelsea is prime real estate, and used to be a Gay mecca, but over the years has changed quite significantly. Still, a great, convenient location..... I used to eat at the B.B.Q's on the corner all the time. Love the "sticky wings"....

And so close to Paddles ! ;) ;)

Congrats! Rents (and Real Estate in general*) in NYC have fallen dramatically, glad that created an oppy for you. Will you be seeing "other clients" there too? Or, keeping those separate? Such a prime locale

*I'm seeing 1 BR condos for $500k in good neighborhoods o_O

Congrats! Rents (and Real Estate in general*) in NYC have fallen dramatically, glad that created an oppy for you. Will you be seeing "other clients" there too? Or, keeping those separate? Such a prime locale

*I'm seeing 1 BR condos for $500k in good neighborhoods o_O

PS Happy Birthday!!!!!

Way to go, Daniel. That's an awesome birthday gift you got with that space. You posted yesterday, so by this Friday I don't know if you meant tommorow was your birthday or if it's next week (happy birthday either way). I thought it was Just Sayin' who was the original poster. I was going to tell him my 50th is in 50 days. Just sayin' ?

Happy birthday!

I wish entitled baby boomers have been as entrepreneurial as you millennials are.

I have a couple of guys who would be interested.

Can you make miracles?

How good are you at photoshopping?

Edited by marylander1940

back to subject:

Where are you advertising?

Would you consider renting the space for onlyfans.com style shootings?

If you guys that are local ever needed headshots, portraits or sexy photos for dating apps I would to take care of you guys in my new space. ?

Happy Birthday ? & the best of luck ? inn your new venture