Broadway ? Reopening

This topic is 914 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I’m sure we’ll soon be hearing dates for the re-opening of Broadway ?Shows. NY Gov. Cuomo lifted the ban on all entertainment as of May 19th. ??

“New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo upstaged the Broadway League on Monday. Industry insiders expectedthe trade organization, which represents theater owners and producers, to say that some Broadway shows would reopen in September with more coming back during the fall. But at a press conference Cuomo beat them to it, lifting most capacity restrictions on restaurants, bars, museums, gyms, salons and retail shops by May 19. That list also included Broadway.”

I think it’s funny watching the whole “quien es mas macho” that’s been playing out between deBlasio and Cuomo throughout all this Covid craziness. This is just the latest installment.

Even when he says capacity restrictions are ending 5/17, and NY is back to 100%, he’s also saying out of the other side of his mouth that all CDC guidelines still need to be adhered to - so social distancing, masks are still in effect for indoor venues. Given how tightly you’re packed in at Broadway theatres, I’m not sure how financially viable putting on a show while maintaining 6ft social distance would be.

I found it interesting Cuomo did throw out that if/when CDC changes the guidance, so will he - is he banking on a lowering of social distance coming?

Also interesting that he said the indoor venues could make their own decisions as to whether to require vaccinations to attend events. If a show or event was limited to just vaccinated, my understanding is that you’re not required to maintain the 6ft. Game changer?

Of course, the grumblings are all about how Cuomo, under pressure from multiple investigations, is only trying to rehabilitate his image, deflect from the investigations. But surely a politician wouldn’t be that opportunistic, right? ?

I'm a sucker for the one-of, old school, family run places in Manhattan.

Barbetta. La Boite. Le Veau d'Or (or what it used to be). Big Nick's. Raos.

I'll have White Castle and meet you at curtain up..... Those fancy places are nice if you like to pay alot and leave "hungry" . Plus, I dont have fancy sweatpants. ?

I'll have White Castle and meet you at curtain up..... Those fancy places are nice if you like to pay alot and leave "hungry" . Plus, I dont have fancy sweatpants. ?

Woah woah woah studsicle... Big Nick's is literally a hole in the wall (with amazing french toast) and as long as you can snag the res, Raos is intimate and casual (I've worn joggers in there before).

However, I'd meet you at WC anytime.

Woah woah woah studsicle... Big Nick's is literally a hole in the wall (with amazing french toast) and as long as you can snag the res, Raos is intimate and casual (I've worn joggers in there before).

However, I'd meet you at WC anytime.

I can compromise. But i'll carry a few WC sliders in my LV purse, just in case , because my go-to WC on 8th Ave permanantly Closed ! :(

OMG, Barbetta! The last time I ate there was 1959. Is it still there?

OMG, Barbetta! The last time I ate there was 1959. Is it still there?