Broadway ? Reopening

This topic is 924 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• 4 weeks later...

Anybody planning on seeing Dear Evan Hansen in December? I might venture out to NYC in mid-December to experience a few broadway shows. If y'all have suggestions of other shows and musicals that might be good - please let me know!

• 4 weeks later...

@JoeMendoza

Glad you’re seeing Dear Evan Hansen. Next to Hamilton, my 2nd favorite on B’way.  Do you know who’s playing the lead?

Some other suggestions: These shows were  running prior to the pandemic and I enjoyed them.

1. To Kill A Mockingbird, Jeff Daniels is returning to the roll of Atticus Finch. 

2. Hadestown (musical)

3. Moulin Rouge (musical) 

4. Ain’t Too Proud (musical)

You’re coming to NYC close to Christmas, a busy time. I’d suggest you get your tickets ASAP! 

Enjoy your visit. 

Coop

6 hours ago, Cooper said:

@JoeMendoza

Glad you’re seeing Dear Evan Hansen. Next to Hamilton, my 2nd favorite on B’way.  Do you know who’s playing the lead?

Some other suggestions: These shows we’re running prior to the pandemic and I enjoyed them.

1. To Kill A Mockingbird, Jeff Daniels is returning to the roll of Atticus Finch. 

2. Hadestown (musical)

3. Moulin Rouge (musical) 

4. Ain’t Too Proud (musical)

You’re coming to NYC close to Christmas, a busy time. I’d suggest you get your tickets ASAP! 

Enjoy your visit. 

Coop

I think Jordan Fisher is playing the lead, but not 100% sure.

I actually liked Dear Evan Hansen more than Hamilton onstage so am glad you plan to watch it @JoeMendoza .... I haven't gotten tix to DEH yet but I do plan on watching it when it comes back in December.

The big show most people here are anticipating is MUSIC MAN revival starring Hugh Jackman. First preview is on Dec 20th.

19 hours ago, JoeMendoza said:

thank you for offering a ticket, I'll definitely take one 😅🤣

LOL actually the second ticket is a late birthday gift for a friend who's birthday was a couple weeks ago LOL.   We're going to NYC in October and him and I always wanted to see the show and it was sold out weeks in Advance when we were in London.   As soon as tickets were available I went online and snagged two.   Glad I did now

• 2 months later...

Been to NYC two times in the last three weeks and am going back Thanksgiving weekend.   All the shows I attended were sold out.

I saw Moulin Rouge three weeks ago (which was Tony's weekend) and it was amazing.   Last weekend I saw Hadestown, Six and to Kill a mockingbird.   I have tickets for Trevor Project and Company for Thanksgiving weekend and will probably see another show as well since they do matinees on Black Friday.

They asked for proof of vax and you had to have your masks on the entire show and no one had any issues complying.

The only thing different was the actors weren't doing photos/signings at the stage door.

I wonder how they will handle the broadway cares thanksgiving weekend this year with Covid measures