Little Nas Goes All Out Gay

Lucky
This topic is 1115 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

From nydailynews.com:

With his latest offering, Lil Nas X is all grown up — and unleashing content more adult in nature.

On Friday, the Grammy Award winner dropped a provocative music video for the sexually-charged song “MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name).”

The artwork for the new Columbia Records single depicts a new and naughty spin on Michelangelo’s iconic “The Creation of Adam” painting.

Read on to see the sexy pictures:

https://www.nydailynews.com/snyde/ny-lil-nas-x-sexually-charged-music-video-montero-call-by-your-name-20210327-erwomzcvvba6ln2kceqze4bxym-story.html

Since a guy can't change his hair style to something outrageous and the meat dress has already been done he had nowhere else to go. Just playing the game and doing what's necessary to gain attention. Obviously he doesn't want to be a one hit wonder trivia question. Wish the song was better. Reddit sarcastically said it best - 'how dare you show affection for Satan and not our God who thinks you're a piece of shit". We've all been told we're going to hell, might as well enjoy the trip. And it's working, a bunch of old guys are chatting about it on the Google thingy.

"In between target practice, Lil Nas X was reflective, too. “i spent my entire teenage years hating myself,” because of what Christianity taught about homosexuality, he wrote. “so i hope u are mad, stay mad, feel the same anger you teach us to have towards ourselves.” nytimes.com

The NY Times today has an excellent look at the controversy Little Nas has stirred, and his clever responses:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/30/arts/music/lil-nas-x-twitter-sneakers-outrage.html?action=click&module=Well&pgtype=Homepage&section=Music

The Guardian also takes a look at Nas' responses:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/mar/30/lil-nas-x-montero-call-me-by-your-name-twitter

Edited by Lucky

I was not aware of Lil Nas before this video came out. It sure is a very interesting video to watch. I love the Greek mythology and religious references. The memes that has come out from this are just perfect ??. He’s also taking all those things that “boys can’t do” and he gives them a middle finger.

Since a guy can't change his hair style to something outrageous and the meat dress has already been done he had nowhere else to go....

He could do an "Impossible Sausage Jockstrap" for the vegetarian crowd.

So does that mean it's Good ? ?

I don't care for the song at all. The Hot 100 chart is mainly based on sales nowadays than back when it was strictly airplay on the radio. No songs ever would debut close to #1 at all back then. So I figured this would get to #1 with all the controversy and intrigue. Caused a ton of sales. Kind of just recently with Morgan Wallen too. He saw a huge spike in sales after he dropped the N word.

I don't care for the song at all. The Hot 100 chart is mainly based on sales nowadays than back when it was strictly airplay on the radio. No songs ever would debut close to #1 at all back then. So I figured this would get to #1 with all the controversy and intrigue. Caused a ton of sales. Kind of just recently with Morgan Wallen too. He saw a huge spike in sales after he dropped the N word.

Marketing, marketing, marketing. Nowadays, its all about marketing and not so much about Talent.... Look at all the social media stars being made on Tik-Tok. Makes you wonder, WHY bother with a college education anymore ?

The Hot 100 chart is mainly based on sales nowadays than back when it was strictly airplay on the radio. No songs ever would debut close to #1 at all back then.

Yes! That is exactly what I like (although I do like the video a lot). A queer young Black rapper films a video full of sex and sacrilege and rockets to the top, trolling and double betting his outraged critics. Compare this to the backlash suffered by pop stars like Madonna or Sinead O'Connor when they dared to confront religion.