What is something you like that is generally considered feminine or "for girls"?

7829V
This topic is 1179 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything beautiful.

I remember a sad moment when I was maybe 10 or so and I was driving in the mountains with my male cousins who were just a couple years older than me. I said something like, "Oh these mountain views are so beautiful." And they chastised me for saying that, because "beautiful" is only something girls say. I should say the view is awesome or something.

Probably when I realized I wasn't like the other boys but in retrospect it's sad that they had such a limited view of masculinity.

Anything beautiful.

I remember a sad moment when I was maybe 10 or so and I was driving in the mountains with my male cousins who were just a couple years older than me. I said something like, "Oh these mountain views are so beautiful." And they chastised me for saying that, because "beautiful" is only something girls say. I should say the view is awesome or something.

Probably when I realized I wasn't like the other boys but in retrospect it's sad that they had such a limited view of masculinity.

Too many boys growing up really don't have the freedom to even say how they feel...as if a word could make you "queer"... because to be girly/queer is the "worst thing a boy could be" as so many of us have heard over and over again. Very sad. ??

Tea with fancy sandwiches,

Proseco,

Bellinis,

ABBA....

I wouldn't call ABBA a girly thing. I know plenty of straight guys who love ABBA in a guilty pleasure sort of way. Bellinis, yeah, definitely.

Does Campari & soda qualify as girly enough? It's my go-to summer drink, but I only see ladies ordering it.

Ballet & figure skating are my two big ones. After seeing Dance Theatre of Harlem perform Balanchine's "Four Temperaments" over 30 years ago, I became a total ballet addict. Figure skating, when done right, is like ballet on ice.

Some straight men can be very in touch with their girly side. Just yesterday, in fact, I met a guy - I was totally expecting him to say he had a boyfriend when he said he was going on a date with "my significant other" but then he said "She and I have been dating for a few years now." o_O He likes dolls, Shirley Temple movies, Bath & Body Works, and has the best hair on the planet - beautifully coifed. So ya never know.

Some straight men can be very in touch with their girly side. Just yesterday, in fact, I met a guy - I was totally expecting him to say he had a boyfriend when he said he was going on a date with "my significant other" but then he said "She and I have been dating for a few years now." o_O He likes dolls, Shirley Temple movies, Bath & Body Works, and has the best hair on the planet - beautifully coifed. So ya never know.

now am curious what the tea was with this convo - y'all seemed to have covered a variety of topics ?

now am curious what the tea was with this convo - y'all seemed to have covered a variety of topics ?

lol He actually is from Zoom meetings.... but yesterday I bumped into him for real. His hair was phenomenal. Of course, he's only in his early 20s so he still had some left haha

He reads as "gay" but he's not... and I've met a few like that. There was one chorus teacher who insisted he was not gay - and made up a phony romance with the horticulture teacher to "prove it". It was humiliating - for everyone - because he could literally fly across the room.

Yes, but did you actually meet the "significant other?" How do you know he wasn't being sorta camp and using the feminine pronoun for his boyfriend. Given all that you said about him, that seems like a possibility.

Then too, if he's that young, he may still be "confused" about things. Just sayin' . . .

Then again though, a guy pulling out a coin purse is kinda gay, I guess. Would certainly make my gaydar go "blip blip blip blip."

I didn't realize they were gay. I love them. I have one for my US $$, one for Euros, one for Mexican pesos, one for Swiss francs...

1.jpg

I didn't realize they were gay. I love them. I have one for my US $$, one for Euros, one for Mexican pesos, one for Swiss francs...

1.jpg

Yeah, I think coin purses are kinda gay. Manly men just let change fall out of their pockets. Mind you, I have a coin purse that I carry around in my manpurse. That's like gay squared.

1.jpg

I find them to still be ubiquitous in Europe, unless it's a country that's well-known for its high usage of credit cards.

No purses or man bags to this point for me. I hate carrying change, anyway. Never had a coin purse. Any change goes in the console in my vehicle, or if in my pocket goes into a large jar which ultimately gets donated to a worthy cause of my choice.

On the subject, I like the show, "Downton Abbey." And in college, I watched the soap opera, "Passions." Does that count? ?

Edit: Oh yeah...and in the self care department - Botox on occasion.

Edited by HotWhiteThirties

Yeah, I think coin purses are kinda gay. Manly men just let change fall out of their pockets. Mind you, I have a coin purse that I carry around in my manpurse. That's like gay squared.

Oooh. I'm extra gay too, then. When traveling, I also use a man-purse:

Swiss-army-knife-wenger-male-shoulder-bag-messenger-bag-small-carry-bag-p.jpg

... Never had a coin purse....

I never understood the reluctance to coin purses. Is it just because the come off as gay? It's so much more convenient, especially when traveling, and extra convenient when going through TSA checkpoints. Maybe those who don't like coin purses might share their reasons for their reluctance to use them?

Oooh. I'm extra gay too, then. When traveling, I also use a man-purse:

Swiss-army-knife-wenger-male-shoulder-bag-messenger-bag-small-carry-bag-p.jpg

Hmm, if you're traveling, I don't think a manpurse is all that gay, more practical than anything else. But if you carry one around everywhere every day like I do, yeah, supergay.

My cousin was thinking of splurging on a Louis Vuitton bag (he had won big at the poker tables while visiting Vegas). I warned him that sporting a Louis Vuitton manpurse is thisclose to wearing a Rainbow Pride t-shirt. He was recently divorced & back on the market. He's the gay-friendliest straight guy you'll ever meet but ultimately decided against the LV bag because he didn't want future prospects to get the wrong idea.

Edited by BSR

I never understood the reluctance to coin purses. Is it just because the come off as gay? It's so much more convenient, especially when traveling, and extra convenient when going through TSA checkpoints. Maybe those who don't like coin purses might share their reasons for their reluctance to use them?

Just cumbersome. When I travel, I DO have a backpack I've had for years for spare change if necessary. Otherwise, I don't have need to carry change in my daily life. In daily life, if I do wind up with change it goes in my pocket, and I empty my pocket as soon as I get home or back to my vehicle. I carry a wallet for other daily items - ID/CC/Cash. Perhaps if I omitted the wallet, I might carry an alternative, but can't see myself carrying both. I would be annoyed. ?

I find them to still be ubiquitous in Europe, unless it's a country that's well-known for its high usage of credit cards.

I think it's because the US has the lowest denomination bill of all developed countries. Canada has a dollar coin but no dollar bill; the EU mints euro coins but no bill. If a quarter drops out of your pocket, no big, but if you lose a euro, you're actually kinda bummed.