Yay Math!

MysticMenace

Not quite math...more logic -

Three gods, A, B, and C, are called, in some order, True, False, and Random. True always speaks truly, False always speaks falsely, but whether Random speaks truly or falsely is completely random. You must determine the identities of A, B, and C by asking three yes-or-no questions, and each question must be posed to exactly one god. The gods understand English, but will answer all questions in their own language. In their unknown language, the words for “yes” and “no” are “da” and “ja,” in some order. You do not know which word means which.

Ask A “Is ‘da’ ‘yes’?”

Ask A “Is ‘ja’ random?”

Ask B “Does A speak truly?”

25?

My calculation:

Consider the top level. There are three triangles, then the left two and the right two are also triangles. Then the three together are a triangle. So six.

The same calculation applies to the top two levels taken together and also for and another six for the top three rows and for the whole four rows. That makes 24.

Then there is the grey triangle around the grid. Total 25

I'm not sure that I haven't missed some there, hence the question mark.

25?

My calculation:

Consider the top level. There are three triangles, then the left two and the right two are also triangles. Then the three together are a triangle. So six.

The same calculation applies to the top two levels taken together and also for and another six for the top three rows and for the whole four rows. That makes 24.

Then there is the grey triangle around the grid. Total 25

I'm not sure that I haven't missed some there, hence the question mark.

I would say that 25 is a non-pedantic answer to the problem. The nit-picky answer is 27.

oops, sorry. I think I actually can't find the site that actually had the answer for this, but I think the answer is 1.

Yup, although I don't know how you would settle on the how to decode it other than by guesswork. I googled 'find the number puzzle'.

ANSWER : 1

SOLUTION :In the given number sequence puzzle

1st row = 17*17 = 289 ;

2nd row = 18*18 = 324 ;

3rd row = 19*19 = 361 ;

So, answer is 1.

Put these billiard balls around the outside into their correct spots, of corresponding colors, so that the sum of every column, row, and diagonal is 49

width=986pxhttps://www.rd.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/01c0943q.jpg?resize=700,466[/img]

I think I got it...

?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

my friend actually sent me a random text last weekend asking for math help. I thought there was a prank somewhere since he tends to do that, but he was actually trying to built a custom attachment on his daughter's corner crib for her water bottle that has a 3" diameter. he was showing me his work on how to get the exact measurement for the hypotenuse. now my typical sassy answer would have just been to just hire someone who could do that for you, but it actually got me excited to solve for it. it was kinda humbling as it took me 2 hours to get to the answer. anybody wanna try to solve for the hypotenuse and show their work?

width=227pxhttps://undergroundmathematics.org/thinking-about-geometry/perfect-fit/images/triangle-1.png[/img]

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...