NYC Massage - walk up

Daniel84
This topic is 1151 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys,

I currently live in Hell’s Kitchen with a doorman and thinking of moving to Chelsea. I found a beautiful 750sq one bedroom on 19th and 9th. It’s about 5 mins from 14, 23rd and 18th subways. Would a 3 floor walk up be a issue for clients?

One of my favs is a 5 floor walk-up. By the time I get up there, i tell him that I've earned a massage. He does take this into consideration with his pricing and keeps it on the low end. Why aren't there some Men's spas where you have to walk up 2 or 3 flights? Hopefully you're getting a good deal on your new digs. I hear rents in NYC are quite negotiable now under current market conditions.

Hey guys,

I currently live in Hell’s Kitchen with a doorman and thinking of moving to Chelsea. I found a beautiful 750sq one bedroom on 19th and 9th. It’s about 5 mins from 14, 23rd and 18th subways. Would a 3 floor walk up be a issue for clients?

I don't think it would deter me. But I will miss my doorman! They sign for packages, accept groceries and keep an eye on my rather racy doormat! ;) How will you manage?? ?

One of my favs is a 5 floor walk-up. By the time I get up there, i tell him that I've earned a massage. He does take this into consideration with his pricing and keeps it on the low end. Why aren't there some Men's spas where you have to walk up 2 or 3 flights? Hopefully you're getting a good deal on your new digs. I hear rents in NYC are quite negotiable now under current market conditions.

I am currently paying $2800 for a studio and the place I found is $2200. Factoring in Utilities I am saving $750-800 a month. I am also 5 mins from a subway

Yeah, I also prefer a walk-up to a doorman building. One time saw a masseur at a doorman building and felt kind of awkward about it not knowing if the masseur was using his real name. And also just thinking the doorman must see a lot of guys going to his apartment all the time. But maybe that’s just me being a little immature about it?

I don't like surprises, so knowing in advance would be key to me. I have friends who live in walk ups, and I don't question visiting them. As for massage service in a walk up, 3-5 floors might stimulate some body odor, depending on how many steps. As long as natural armpit smell is ok with you, I'm there.

Lots of NYC providers, both residents and visitors, host in walk ups, so the clientele is used to it. Walk ups are a part of NYC life. In this business, they offer the advantage of no doorman dealings. I see no issue, but you might want to let people know in advance. There are some for whom it presents a challenge.

Hey guys,

Not for me and judging by the responses about StrongStrokes, not for a great number of forum members. He lives in a walk-up apartment, three or four floors up, no problem, anticipation provides the necessary energy to get there :)

Hey guys,

Wow... I'm nearby..lol. Great neighborhood, bakeries and galleries. Away from hustle of 8th, yet close enough. Go for it~