L.A. masseurs who are following Covid precautions?

RubMyThighs
This topic is 1259 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I will preface this with caveats: I understand that there is risk involved in any interactions with people who live outside our own homes. I am considering taking some risk and hiring a masseur who will wear a mask (I will too) while conducting a massage outdoors (my backyard). I will provide hand sanitizer. I would like to find a masseur who seems to be taking precautions in his life, as I am.

I see that David might fit the bill since his text emphasizes sanitary practices and he is wearing a mask in some photos (I have seen him before and enjoyed his massage, and the ending). Perhaps the same with Rene, who at least wears masks in some of his pics.

Any others to potentially consider? Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

I can never figure out what it is about Mark that people get into. He doesn't seem attractive or personable from his pics. What's the deal?

Dale, I enjoy a lot of your posts, but you're off base on this one and I don't really understand the point. You're telling those of us who have read the book and like it that you don't understand why we like the book since you don't like the book's cover. Obviously, to each his own. Nobody is for everybody. I could list 100 reasons why Mark is easily among the absolute best in L.A. and how I could 100% fall in love with Mark if we were meeting in a different context, but that's me doing me. You do you.

P.S. - I find the cover as spectacular as everything else about the experience. :)

I can never figure out what it is about Mark that people get into. He doesn't seem attractive or personable from his pics. What's the deal?

He’s a skilled, intuitive masseur. That quality rarely comes through in a photograph.

It all depends on what you want to spend your money on... for massage, choosing based on appearance and sexual attraction has not always worked for me, I want skills first. You may need other requirements to be met first. So choose by the photos. (And I have no personal experience but I bet Mark does some top notch ++extras for an upgrade of fee.)

• 2 weeks later...

Dale, I enjoy a lot of your posts, but you're off base on this one and I don't really understand the point. You're telling those of us who have read the book and like it that you don't understand why we like the book since you don't like the book's cover. Obviously, to each his own. Nobody is for everybody. I could list 100 reasons why Mark is easily among the absolute best in L.A. and how I could 100% fall in love with Mark if we were meeting in a different context, but that's me doing me. You do you.

P.S. - I find the cover as spectacular as everything else about the experience. :)

I wrote what I meant and meant what I wrote. Note, I did not say any of you were wrong, I said I was unable to figure out the draw. And considering that 99.99999% of guys on here pick practitioners based on some combination of looks and attitude (since you can't know skill level until you receive a service) I would say I'm neither off base, nor taking anything away from you or your choice to frequent him. Perhaps next time someone asks a question, address the answer and not whatever weird trigger you've had go off.

I wrote what I meant and meant what I wrote. Note, I did not say any of you were wrong, I said I was unable to figure out the draw. And considering that 99.99999% of guys on here pick practitioners based on some combination of looks and attitude (since you can't know skill level until you receive a service) I would say I'm neither off base, nor taking anything away from you or your choice to frequent him. Perhaps next time someone asks a question, address the answer and not whatever weird trigger you've had go off.

Ahhh, it's the old "I can say whatever unsolicited nonsense I want, but you're hysterical and overreacting if you express an opinion about what I said". Good stuff.

I'll just point out that you were neither asking nor answering a question, so I'll politely decline your advice.

Ackchyually the same can be said pre & post pandemic

OP asked about pandemic precautions... It stands to reason that pre-pandemic there was no pandemic, and post-pandemic there will be no pandemic. So I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. But I don't think it's necessary to turn this into a "risk of COVID vs. any other risk" thread.

Boy, this thread went south fast. Since I safely go to the chiropractor and have an indoor, masked appointment, I figured I might be able to find a masseur who is being as cautious as my chiropractor. Instead I got a lot of opinions, some with very little evidence to support them. Thanks anyway.

To get back on Track....

I send out when clients contact me..

COVID PRECAUTIONS:

- U.V. Light System in the massage room that kills Virus / Bacteria ..2x a Day

- Head Cradle instead of using 1 cover now uses 3 covers..

- Prior to Appt Arrival Time: Disinfectant Spray Gun with UV Lights will also be used on Table / Sheets / Doors etc...

- Fan in room for Air Circulation

- Mask(s) are Provided Upon Your Request...

@RubMyThighs since you are already seeing a chiropractor, take note of their precautions. Ask them if there are additional precautions that should be taken by a body worker, given longer session and more close contact.

Make notes, and ask any provider you consider, if they will meet conditions A B and C. If they don’t, go to the next one. Keep in mind, a number of excellent providers are pausing still, and others have simply called it quits. So of the usual buffet of talent, you want combo of precautions, skills, and attractiveness. Smaller buffet right now. Your first choice might meet all the criteria but is available at a higher rate... or a shorter window to schedule. Figure out what’s most important and start there.