Museums Battle For Best Butt

Lucky
This topic is 1360 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

It's a contest called #bestmuseumbum, and it involves museums across the world submitting their statues to see which one has the best butt. A fun little diversion in these tense times, right?

There is no shortage of contestants as sculptors have long loved the bum.

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQi5sk1hB_pVqu-0konaQGidWN7XfWqY-4P9w&usqp=CAU

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSHVmnjRqCW_40D8-41qgdSq0ynuW8aLl_Lvw&usqp=CAU

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQzd9fNB3VF--nzzo9G1H7NhUfYDuRwgZT-9A&usqp=CAU

https://nypost.com/2020/08/01/museums-compete-on-twitter-to-see-who-has-the-best-butt-art/

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2020/jul/22/race-to-the-bottom-museum-curators-in-battle-for-bestmuseumbum

There can be only one.......

Perseus with the Head of Medusa 1804-04 by Antonio Canova at the Metropolitian Museum in NYC.

Scroll down here.

Do you mean this guy?

Antonio_canova%2C_perseus_with_the_head_of_medusa%2C_1804-06%2C_02.JPG

Perseus with the Head of Medusa is the famous statue by Benvenuto Cellini, found in Florence in piazza della Signoria, under the Loggia dei Lanzi, and one of the most important examples of Italian Mannerist sculpture.

Do you mean this guy?

Perseus with the Head of Medusa is the famous statue by Benvenuto Cellini, found in Florence in piazza della Signoria, under the Loggia dei Lanzi, and one of the most important examples of Italian Mannerist sculpture.

I haven’t really studied Canova’s art, especially his bronzes, but I know he did copies of sculptures from the ancient times of Greece and Rome. I once had the opportunity to buy a Canova bronze of the famous Roman sculpture in marble of athletes wrestling. Highly homoerotic. But the dealer wanted $3000 for it and this was 45 years ago when that was a lot of money. I could have also bought an Andy Warhol silkscreen of flowers that same year for $3000 in a gallery in SOHO that sold his work. That was a real lost opportunity:(

Do you mean this guy?

That the one! Thanks, I couldn’t figure out how to post the pic in the link.

I have made love to that ass with my eyes for over 30 years.

It never gets old.

It was even better when he was positioned over the grand staircase and

you we mesmerized by his ass as you descended the stairs.