RESTAURANT VISIT/s Via COVID-19

Axiom2001
This topic is 1412 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

We may to eat meatless for awhile. I had read there is a meat shortage. I ordered groceries last night - no chicken available at all. Ground beef $10.00 pound. Fish is beginning to look economical. Oh well I have plenty of canned tuna and frozen tilapia

SoCal today via InstaCart organic thin sliced boneless skinless chix $7.49/pound

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you think vacancies mean your rent is going to go up, I suggest you outsource the negotiation. You aren't responsible for the units your landlord can't rent.

Appointing an agent may be a very good idea. What the landlord will do depends on their scale (so, whether they have a lot of properties nationwide so they can afford to stiff you in one location). A smaller scale landlord may be more amenable to negotiation. And if your not in a mall, you are likely to be better off.

We were hoping to go out for dinner this evening, to celebrate our wedding anniversary, but only outside dining is allowed now, and since the temperature at dinnertime is predicted to be 106, we decided that it would probably be too uncomfortable to be really enjoyable.

We were hoping to go out for dinner this evening, to celebrate our wedding anniversary, but only outside dining is allowed now, and since the temperature at dinnertime is predicted to be 106, we decided that it would probably be too uncomfortable to be really enjoyable.

I'm sure the same thing is happening there, but here one of the features of the lock downs has been the number or restaurants, some very good, that are doing take-away and delivery. In the ACT they are allowed to provide wine with the take-away. I'm ashamed that I haven't taken sufficient advantage of this service as I can afford it.

I'm sure the same thing is happening there, but here one of the features of the lock downs has been the number or restaurants, some very good, that are doing take-away and delivery. In the ACT they are allowed to provide wine with the take-away. I'm ashamed that I haven't taken sufficient advantage of this service as I can afford it.

I have done take-out recently from a good restaurant that I know you are familiar with (Trio), but picking up the food and taking it home in the back seat of the car to plate it, eat at home, and clean up afterwards, is not the same pleasant experience as being served in a restaurant. Dining out is about more than just the food.

I have done take-out recently from a good restaurant that I know you are familiar with (Trio), but picking up the food and taking it home in the back seat of the car to plate it, eat at home, and clean up afterwards, is not the same pleasant experience as being served in a restaurant. Dining out is about more than just the food.

I couldn't agree more. That said, I think back to Chinese take-away when I was a kid, and I know that my mother loved the fact that she only had to set it out on the table rather than cook it all. It's a different world, and if I can bring home a meal I wouldn't take the time to cook, that's a bonus. It's not the same as a dining out experience, but it's still different to cooking for yourself.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY ?????

We were the first jury under the court's social distancing practices.

1. Jury box had been partitioned off so that we each had our own 'box' with a chair and divider between each of us and the two rows. From about shoulders up the partitions were Plexiglas.
  2. There were no sidebars in the typical sense, as the sidebars couldn't be done with social distancing. As such, the prosecution, defense, and judge left the room to be able to remain 6 ft. separate and have the sidebar conversation.
  3. Jurors were not required to wear masks; however, 12 of the 14 jurors did wear them. I took mine off when I needed my glasses to see exhibits that were projected across the room. A couple of others removed them most of the time we were seated. All court staff also had them on when moving around; however, as the testimony was being given, they were usually removed as everyone was at least 10 feet apart.
  4. In the jury room, we each had a designated spot where we remained other than to use the restroom. After the first day, many of us got comfortable removing our masks in the jury room as it was difficult to hear folks seated across the room with the masks on.

Overall, the court was well-prepared to support social distancing.

You hijacked my post! Why did you NOT begin a NEW thread? That would have been more appropriate, for my post specifically cited its intended purpose.

My husband and I have done a couple of mid-week getaways in Sonoma recently. The last time they had opened for outside dining. We had dinner out twice and enjoyed it very much. We felt very comfortable with outside dining - the tables were spaced far apart, there was a breeze, the servers were all masked.

We have decided we aren't doing inside dining for the foreseeable future. We read an article that discussed the risk level in restaurants even with all the safety precautions. The problem is that you are inside the restaurant for long enough that your exposure to virus can approach a risky level even with all of the safety measures.

Were both committed to getting to the other side unscathed and we'll do what we have to.

Yesterday, July 7, 2020, I went to another favorite restaurant (The Red House) in Pacific Grove, CA and sat outside on the porch where there were only three tables that had been well-spaced. ...had a positive experience and left a hearty gratuity. ...have been going there since its beginning.

Unfortunately, the Monterey County Health Director has reissued non-dining inside, for the numbers of COVID-19 cases have spiked but not necessarily in the coastal cities/towns. I feel oh so sorry for the owners.

Can someone give Ms. Thang a Xanax or a high thc level edible? Damn Mary! Sam is a sweet guy, absolutely no need to go after him.

Some of you men are something else; if you thought my words were one's of attack, you definitely have one hell of a problem. I have always resisted getting into a tit-for=tat situation here, and I will not begin now. I'll just continue to post candidly about whatever topic I chose to.

Please save your unnecessary criticism; it will be better for all concerned.

CONTINUE TO DINE OUT SAFELY!!

Some of you men are something else; if you thought my words were one's of attack, you definitely have one hell of a problem. I have always resisted getting into a tit-for=tat situation here, and I will not begin now. I'll just continue to post candidly about whatever topic I chose to.

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Talmudic saying

Back to subject tomorrow I'm going to Lauriol Plaza, wish me luck!

lauriol-plaza-night-time.jpg

lauriol-plaza-aerial.jpg

Chill...

The forum has a default font. Whenever there are replies in big, bold, non-default colored fonts (links may be an exception) it shows up to me as self attention grabbing.

Edited by MikeBiDude

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Talmudic saying

Back to subject tomorrow I'm going to Lauriol Plaza, wish me luck!

lauriol-plaza-night-time.jpg

lauriol-plaza-aerial.jpg

I am interested to hear about your experience at Lauriol Plaza. My in-laws lived across the street from it for many years (their house can actually be seen in that second photo) and I ate there many times, but I haven't been for several years.

You hijacked my post! Why did you NOT begin a NEW thread? That would have been more appropriate, for my post specifically cited its intended purpose.

My apologies, as that was not my intent. I was simply responding to the question I was asked in reply to my original post in the thread. That post I believe was on topic.

I just completed four days of jury duty. As such, I did my first dining out (I've been doing pick up or delivery once or twice a week all along) since March. It was a very different experience, but it was also at restaurants that I would not normally eat as the courthouse was not near my usual hangouts.

4a220ba80d3f86cd3f978e6f6e8a4458.jpg

Looks to me like you hijacked your own thread getting upset with @sam.fitzpatrick responding to a sensible question from @Charlie about social distancing in a legal proceeding. You got your knickers in a twist over a minor digression in what was an interesting discussion. Conversations ebb and flow between topics when people gather in person, admittedly rare nowadays, why would written posts online be any different?

This is a lot of red, bolded text.

I reserve this kind of thing for Cher's final retirement tour announcement and Democratic Presidential candidate wins.

Edited by Benjamin_Nicholas

I reserve this kind of thing for Cher's final retirement tour announcements and Democratic presidential candidate wins.

Which final retirement tour? Hasn't there been about five of them? I lost count lol

I reserve this kind of thing for Cher's final retirement tour announcement and Democratic Presidential candidate wins.

I hope he was chemically impaired when he wrote that. If not, I have no idea how he functions in decent society....

I am interested to hear about your experience at Lauriol Plaza. My in-laws lived across the street from it for many years (their house can actually be seen in that second photo) and I ate there many times, but I haven't been for several years.

I'd rather tell you on here in case others are interested in this DC institution.

I just got back, the opened up seating areas where the parking was, very spacious seating with good distancing inside and outside, all workers were wearing masks, wonderful service as usual, prices are around 20% higher. I had "Mar y tierra" (steak, bacon and shrimp) and instead of 21 was 25, my friend had a chimichanga and went up from 10 to 14, most dishes were around 16, same menu including more versions of small plates.

Delicious and it was nice to be back and help them remain open as the wonderful institution it is!