Strip Clubs after COVID-19

n2guysnatl
This topic is 1460 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I'm making a prediction. Some people and local governments will use this latest pandemic has an attempt to close strip clubs or delay their reopening later than regular bars. They'll probably start strictly monitoring lap dances more and start enforcing a no touching policy. I'm afraid the fun days are gone for quite some time.

Well we see glimmers of autocratic rule re-emerging but public order does cost money, taxpayers money, and runs close to 2% of GDP and 6% of government spending. GDP will have shrunk and deficits expanded astronomically.

Unless strip clubs double as rare culinary markets, paranoid xenophobia and economic reality will shift the enforcement agenda elsewhere ... kissing booths, free-hug flash mobs, Chinatown.

The anti-prostitution Nordic Model will focus on obsessing whether female commercial sex workers received their share of bailout entitlement.

The money I save now will be squandered on private dances that I may be using a cane or walker to access.

Edited by SirBIllybob

I'm not sure I agree with you, or at least I would think it will depend regionally.

Economic downturns often increase the supply of those in the sex industry, and they will be looking to work where there is demand. There will always be demand for sex (or the implication of it in the case of strippers), so I think there would be one or two places in a city where the demand can meet the supply.

I think the bigger question is how the clubs themselves handle this, as well as the strippers. The whole thing is sort of predicated on really close contact, a large plurality of clients are older due to economic forces, and strip clubs have a lot of sweaty people about. My narrow guess is that post-lockdown, the clubs might be bare for a few weeks, but people will go back. I also think more strippers/strip clubs will have more online presences (similar to Stock Bar in Montreal and OnlyFans accounts).

Most people and politicians know about these clubs and have increasingly just shrugged them off. People will always find ways to get their rocks off anyhow.

• 2 weeks later...

I have booked a trip to northern Vermont at the end of July, long standing plans to visit friends. Had planned on spending a long weekend in Montreal, specifically to visit Stock and Campus. Depending on circumstances re COVID-19 between now and July, I am thinking that a stay over in Montreal may be pointless. I assume the clubs are under lock down (Don't know the situation there.) now. I am not optimistic about mid-summer. Right now you can't even get into Canada. Good chance the whole trip will be called off. I am concerned that when the crisis passes, the government(s) will sieze the opportunity to crack down on strip joints and sex clubs.

Somewhat paradoxically, Quebec may be lifting measures earlier than other provinces in spite of the highest infection prevalence. One argument underpinning the relaxation is that the majority of cases are elderly in long term care facilities.

It is key to assess rates of new infection based on gradually re-opening the economy. Federal relaxation of travel bans and quarantine requirements at any point prior to an advanced level of re-opening the economy will confound the data.

The histogram graph of daily new cases has not nearly shown a drop yet, compared to other nations including some hard-hit in Europe.

It is uncertain whether the 2-week quarantine rules for most foreign nationals will apply when foreign nationals are green-lit for entry. Will the border open without quarantine requirements by July 1? Hard to say. A lot has happened over 8 weeks that is out of control. And 8 weeks going forward seems like a short time to figure out all the details.

Strip clubs pay local taxes - hard to believe that a locality would suppress ANY income source esp after so many city budgets are now in crisis mode. The only thing that politicians enjoy more than hypocritically casting stones at the sex industry, is bragging about balanced budgets.

One of the ladies strip clubs here in Portland has reopened in a large warehouse as a "drive-thru" model. Clients stay in their cars, dancers work on stages and poles next to the car door. Have to see if this is a workable model, could be interesting if you're so inclined.

Cabaret L'Expose in Montreal appears to be optimistic about their post-Covid 19 chances. They just posted pictures of the renovations they have been making to the club, along with the new shirts they'll be selling. I hope they're right!

https://www.facebook.com/Cabaret-lExpose-101091878115225/

I like the second from the left

https://www.facebook.com/101091878115225/photos/a.101201834770896/149976259893453/?type=3&theater