Travel post COVID-19

jonnychgo
This topic is 1514 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Canadian and American Labor Day are always the same weekend.

Oh good to know...I know some Canadian and American holidays are different (Thanksgiving comes to mind), but good to know that Labor Day is the same. Yeah I haven't bought plane tickets yet. Will probably be waiting until at least August until I decide.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You‘re right. I think they cancelled Toronto’s Gay Pride (June) and Caribbanna (July) already.

Yup TGP month and Caribana (July/August) both got cancelled. Sad, but it was inevitable.

Oh good to know...I know some Canadian and American holidays are different (Thanksgiving comes to mind), but good to know that Labor Day is the same. Yeah I haven't bought plane tickets yet. Will probably be waiting until at least August until I decide.

Yup, Labor Day is the rare holiday we share with the USA. Outside of the main 3 of course. (New Years, Easter, Christmas).

There are some countries in Asia and Europe that are slowly opening international travel again. It may be short lived if there is evidence of re-introduction from foreign travelers coming into the country or returning from countries that are still combating the virus. Asia travel patterns will be the canary in the coal mine. It's how the virus was spread globally so quickly. If there is a second/third wave, it will driven from Asia. The Chinese make over 140 million international trips each year (vs. 87 million for Americans). Even if you wanted to travel to another country, don't be surprised if they won't let you or ship you off to be quarantined for two weeks before allowing you to be a tourist. How many people are going to be able to spare two weeks in quarantine so they can on then go enjoy their vacation? Quarantine isn't going to be some lux resort with hot guys patrolling the grounds. It will be a basic camp with a cot and the guards definitely won't be hot Czech guards.

I have a friend who returned from China to New York late Feb-March. He was forced to quarantine for 2 weeks at a cheap hotel near JFK. Costs were about $1500 per week with the meal plan. 2 (very hot) federal marshalls stood outside the building to prevent people from escaping. I wonder if they offer room service?

International travelers to destinations that require visas will probably find them much harder to get for the coming year. Many more Americans will be taking domestic vacations. Look for the national parks to be overloaded with visitors when (if?) they re-open later this year.

International travelers to destinations that require visas will probably find them much harder to get for the coming year. Many more Americans will be taking domestic vacations. Look for the national parks to be overloaded with visitors when (if?) they re-open later this year.

America has one of the world‘s best park systems... whenever i go though, it’s mainly foreigners. So hopefully, people will begin to explore and appreciate the wonderful national parks/ monuments in the US.

When Vegas re-opens, go out for a day trip. Everyone flocks to the Grand Canyon. Don't. Hit Bryce, Zion or Red Rock. There are trails that you literally have all to yourself. At night, go back to the hotel and find something just as breath-taking to play with in bed.

https://www.thecrazytourist.com/15-day-trips-las-vegas/

It‘ll be a full day trip to Zion and Bryce from LV. Did that once and enjoyed it. There is also Cedar Breaks, which is lovely and quiet.