Grocery Shopping

sam.fitzpatrick

Don't tag me as a WalMart shopper but I noticed (along with a friend) that they have plenty of hand sanitizer for $1.97 for 8oz bottles. Bought 10 bottles and half-used one up immediately because I was in a WalMart. (yes, this is the same WalMart a lady pepper-sprayed someone last week for trying to share an elevator with her).

Edited by tassojunior

Many of us get a lot of non-perishable groceries from Amazon. Has anyone else figured out what is happening to Amazon? Their "Two-day shipping" is history for practical purposes and my Amazon orders for everything are taking longer and longer. Are they collapsing too?

I think they are getting slammed with orders from people like us that want to stay at home and I'm sure they are short staffed with not only all the orders but they have also had a number of people getting sick at their warehouses and I'm sure some employees are refusing to come in for safety reasons.

Many of us get a lot of non-perishable groceries from Amazon. Has anyone else figured out what is happening to Amazon? Their "Two-day shipping" is history for practical purposes and my Amazon orders for everything are taking longer and longer. Are they collapsing too?

I think they are getting slammed with orders from people like us that want to stay at home and I'm sure they are short staffed with not only all the orders but they have also had a number of people getting sick at their warehouses and I'm sure some employees are refusing to come in for safety reasons.

If everyone uses up all the bandanas for masks how are we supposed to tell who is top or bottom etc?

Mr. S. now has masks with the appropriate hanky colors LOL. But I see they sold out already LOL. Not sure how you can tell if someone is top/bottom or dom/sub like you can with a hanky since you have to cover the whole face.

https://www.mr-s-leather.com/promo/face-mask?sc_src=email_355151&sc_lid=21740932&sc_uid=FVB1ePRiGz&sc_llid=14012&sc_eh=53a3bf36065dd9741

If everyone uses up all the bandanas for masks how are we supposed to tell who is top or bottom etc?

Mr. S. now has masks with the appropriate hanky colors LOL. But I see they sold out already LOL. Not sure how you can tell if someone is top/bottom or dom/sub like you can with a hanky since you have to cover the whole face.

https://www.mr-s-leather.com/promo/face-mask?sc_src=email_355151&sc_lid=21740932&sc_uid=FVB1ePRiGz&sc_llid=14012&sc_eh=53a3bf36065dd9741

It's more than that. If there are extra orders it might cause 2 days to go to 3 etc but to go to 2 weeks now to even get the item picked off the shelf in the fulfillment center means something is seriously bad in those warehouses. I noticed NewEgg has stretched from 1 day to 1 week now too to ship.

Edited by tassojunior

It's more than that. If there are extra orders it might cause 2 days to go to 3 etc but to go to 2 weeks now to even get the item picked off the shelf in the fulfillment center means something is seriously bad in those warehouses. I noticed NewEgg has stretched from 1 day to 1 week now too to ship.

Edited by tassojunior

Gov. Cuomo has quietly begun recruiting grocery stores in a bid to widen the state’s coronavirus testing program.

Tests for the deadly bug — a key tool for pinpointing infection hotspots as officials look to ease lockdowns — are now being administered at an undisclosed number of supermarkets statewide as officials look to reach a larger swath of the Empire State’s population, officials confirmed.

Among those participating are several Fine Fare supermarkets in the Bronx and Brooklyn, each of which has administered upwards of 200 antibody tests a day inside the stores, said Rudy Fuertes, president of Fteley Food Corp., which operates 10 Fine Fare locations in the Big Apple.

The supermarket tests have been conducted quietly, with no announcement by the governor’s office, Fuertes told The Post.

“They don’t tell anyone they are doing that — otherwise we’d have lines through the kazoo,” said Fuertes, who says he tested positive for the virus but had no symptoms.

The antibody tests — first launched last month at hospitals for first responders, health care workers and hospital patients — started rolling out at Big Apple urgent-care clinics earlier this week. The governor has likewise cut red tape to begin testing at more than 5,000 independent drugstores statewide this weekend.

In the meantime, however, the state’s Department of Health also has been focusing on a random sampling of the population: people who shop and work at supermarkets.

State health workers are setting up shop at long tables inside the stores, administering tests that draw blood from five fingers. The results are sent directly to participants via e-mail or a phone call.

Other supermarkets across the state are also participating in the program, though a health official declined to identify those companies or the specific stores.

“The governor has talked about testing as one of the keys to reopening the state,” a department of health official said. “The supermarkets are the random testing piece” of this effort.

State officials said they have tested some 8,000 people over the past two weeks, including 3,000 random samples from the general population.

Fine Fare’s Fuertes believes about 30 percent of his employees tested positive for coronavirus based on the fact that nearly 100 percent of his managers in each store tested positive.

His stores in the Bronx at 1221 Fteley Avenue and at 459 E. 149th St. were testing sites last week. Testing sites also were set up at the Key Food in Williamsburg this week, also owned by Fteley.

Cuomo said this week that nearly a quarter of New York City residents have had coronavirus. Infection rates in Westchester and Rockland counties have run at 15.1 percent as of this week. Long Island had a 14.4 percent infection rate. Outside of those regions, the state average is 3.2 percent, officials said.

“The tests are bringing hope to our community,” Fuertes said.

Edited by samhexum

Gov. Cuomo has quietly begun recruiting grocery stores in a bid to widen the state’s coronavirus testing program.

Tests for the deadly bug — a key tool for pinpointing infection hotspots as officials look to ease lockdowns — are now being administered at an undisclosed number of supermarkets statewide as officials look to reach a larger swath of the Empire State’s population, officials confirmed.

Among those participating are several Fine Fare supermarkets in the Bronx and Brooklyn, each of which has administered upwards of 200 antibody tests a day inside the stores, said Rudy Fuertes, president of Fteley Food Corp., which operates 10 Fine Fare locations in the Big Apple.

The supermarket tests have been conducted quietly, with no announcement by the governor’s office, Fuertes told The Post.

“They don’t tell anyone they are doing that — otherwise we’d have lines through the kazoo,” said Fuertes, who says he tested positive for the virus but had no symptoms.

The antibody tests — first launched last month at hospitals for first responders, health care workers and hospital patients — started rolling out at Big Apple urgent-care clinics earlier this week. The governor has likewise cut red tape to begin testing at more than 5,000 independent drugstores statewide this weekend.

In the meantime, however, the state’s Department of Health also has been focusing on a random sampling of the population: people who shop and work at supermarkets.

State health workers are setting up shop at long tables inside the stores, administering tests that draw blood from five fingers. The results are sent directly to participants via e-mail or a phone call.

Other supermarkets across the state are also participating in the program, though a health official declined to identify those companies or the specific stores.

“The governor has talked about testing as one of the keys to reopening the state,” a department of health official said. “The supermarkets are the random testing piece” of this effort.

State officials said they have tested some 8,000 people over the past two weeks, including 3,000 random samples from the general population.

Fine Fare’s Fuertes believes about 30 percent of his employees tested positive for coronavirus based on the fact that nearly 100 percent of his managers in each store tested positive.

His stores in the Bronx at 1221 Fteley Avenue and at 459 E. 149th St. were testing sites last week. Testing sites also were set up at the Key Food in Williamsburg this week, also owned by Fteley.

Cuomo said this week that nearly a quarter of New York City residents have had coronavirus. Infection rates in Westchester and Rockland counties have run at 15.1 percent as of this week. Long Island had a 14.4 percent infection rate. Outside of those regions, the state average is 3.2 percent, officials said.

“The tests are bringing hope to our community,” Fuertes said.

Edited by samhexum

Got my order in just in time! Sadly, they didn't have any light blue, so I'll be stuck with navy.

Edited by Hoover42

Got my order in just in time! Sadly, they didn't have any light blue, so I'll be stuck with navy.

Edited by Hoover42

Today I made my weekly grocery trip; however, I went to the Giant Eagle versus the Meijer store I've got to the last six weeks. I went to GE because my bank has a branch in that one and I received a small check that I needed to deposit in the ATM.

On a Saturday morning, it was pretty empty. Everyone in the store - customer and employee wore a mask. One-way directions in the aisles and half the customers were not following them. Found everything I was looking for except Egg Beaters I use to make frittatas. (I haven't found them in four weeks now.)

After picking up everything I needed, I stopped for gas. I hadn't filled the tank since Mar. 12 and in that time I had only driven 185 miles. (I'm usually refueling weekly.) It's been so long it took me a moment where the button was to release the gas cap.....

Today I made my weekly grocery trip; however, I went to the Giant Eagle versus the Meijer store I've got to the last six weeks. I went to GE because my bank has a branch in that one and I received a small check that I needed to deposit in the ATM.

On a Saturday morning, it was pretty empty. Everyone in the store - customer and employee wore a mask. One-way directions in the aisles and half the customers were not following them. Found everything I was looking for except Egg Beaters I use to make frittatas. (I haven't found them in four weeks now.)

After picking up everything I needed, I stopped for gas. I hadn't filled the tank since Mar. 12 and in that time I had only driven 185 miles. (I'm usually refueling weekly.) It's been so long it took me a moment where the button was to release the gas cap.....

The low fuel light came on in my Focus yesterday- stopped at Holiday to fill up, and noted two things- my last fill up was on April 1st, so that tank lasted a month, and I paid $2.14 yesterday, compared to $2.77 a month ago. Yikes!

The low fuel light came on in my Focus yesterday- stopped at Holiday to fill up, and noted two things- my last fill up was on April 1st, so that tank lasted a month, and I paid $2.14 yesterday, compared to $2.77 a month ago. Yikes!

I had the option to take a $0.40 per gallon discount on the gas. I started to accept it, but decided to save the discount when I noticed the price was $1.59.

05/02/20 ...went to Trader Joe's this morning. ...no line and plenty of space in which to shop. ...had all of the items that was on my list as well. But I've noticed a price increase in some of my usual items.

...suggested to management to mark one -way aisles and make larger signs in reference to where we should stand while checking out. They currently have signs which are too small to read from a distance.

ALL in ALL, I had a quick and easy shopping experience while in- store wearing a mask.