Tongan shirtless flag bearer qualifies for his third Olympics

purplekow
This topic is 1024 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

https://sports.yahoo.com/pita-taufatofua-shirtless-oiled-tongan-flag-bearer-qualifies-2020-olympics-tokyo-taekwondo-kayak-024121371.html.

Some may recall he carried the Tongan flag at the 2016 Summer and 2018 Winter Olympics and he has just qualified for the 2020 Games.

He was notable for carrying the flag shirtless and covered in coconut oil.

Yes, I would like to know also, maybe @Boy4 can provide a link. Did not see any reference to this in my online search or his wiki page. ?

I think 'cancelled' in the social media sense, of being made a 'non-person'. As far as I've seen he hasn't made a dick of himself about faith so I doubt his alleged 'cancellation' will have much effect. He's no Israel Folau.

He just seems like someone who gets off on seeing himself shirtless in as many places as possible. Which is just fine by me. I can't imagine that he's really trying to get a medal.

36EE2A5600000578-3730102-In_his_training_for_Rio_he_broke_six_bones_tore_three_ligaments_-a-68_1470682583517.jpg

Hot-Pics-Tongan-Flag-Bearer-Pita-Taufatofua.jpg

"Taufatotua only took up cross-country skiing in January 2017, and he only earned his place at the Pyeongchang Games in January 2018. He finished 114th out of 116 finishers in the men’s 15-kilometer individual event on Friday. (The two men who finished behind him were both over 40 years old.)"

https://slate.com/culture/2018/02/olympics-jerk-watch-pita-taufatofua-the-shirtless-tongan.html

Edited by Unicorn

Prefer hairless armpits? Not really but it is hardly a deal breaker for me. And while I think he likes showing off the results of his hard work, Tongans usually are shirtless so some of it is cultural. Also, I think he probably figures, correctly I am sure, that he can turn those pecs into pesos.

Prefer hairless armpits? Not really but it is hardly a deal breaker for me. And while I think he likes showing off the results of his hard work, Tongans usually are shirtless so some of it is cultural. Also, I think he probably figures, correctly I am sure, that he can turn those pecs into pesos.

Tonga uses the Pa'anga as the unit of currency. But, according to his Wikipedia page, he has worked as a model. How much money he's made from this, I don't know. When I look up photos of him in google images, I don't get any of his modeling picture popping up, so I might infer that he didn't make a lot from his modeling career.

Yeah, I even tried putting his name plus "model" under Google Images, and none of his modeling pictures, if there are any remaining, pop up.

Hot-Pics-Tongan-Flag-Bearer-Pita-Taufatofua.jpg

Tonga uses the Pa'anga as the unit of currency. But, according to his Wikipedia page, he has worked as a model. How much money he's made from this, I don't know. When I look up photos of him in google images, I don't get any of his modeling picture popping up, so I might infer that he didn't make a lot from his modeling career.

Was working for the alliteration of pecs for pesos. Could have done delta for dollars. Pecs for Pa'anga has the alliteration but not the clear message of he is doing it for the money honey. Thanks for the economics lesson though.