Will Corona curtail your hiring?

Ajac
This topic is 1495 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My therapist is giving me a hard time on my wanting to cancel a massage tomorrow, almost to the point of bullying. "Oh this isn't the plague or Spanish flu, it is just a flu that is over hyped by the media." "You are overreacting, I will remember you canceling"

What to do?

I feel like outing him.

My therapist is giving me a hard time on my wanting to cancel a massage tomorrow, almost to the point of bullying. "Oh this isn't the plague or Spanish flu, it is just a flu that is over hyped by the media." "You are overreacting, I will remember you canceling"

What to do?

I feel like outing him.

You cancel...and rethink your continuing interactions with that provider (denier).

What to do?

I feel like outing him.

He sounds like an asshole. Cancel and then out him so that I don't book him.

Facts: COVID-19 is airborne, it persists on surfaces for hours and up to days. We all know now that it is passed in part through droplets - coughing, sneezing - from one person to another. An infected client coughing, sneezing, or who has a runny nose will leave droplets on the table/towel. We're stuck with the cleaning practices for the towels/sheets at a spa. Spraying surfaces with disinfectants will reduce any virus, but it needs to be thorough. In short, going to a spa is AYOR. Having a massage in your own place, is the safest, IMHO. Anyone who has any risk factors really needs to consider social distancing and isolation, regardless of how inconvenient.

thanks for this.

What to do?

I feel like outing him.

If one of my regulars treated me that way... it would be bye bye forever.

It seems like MasseurFinder has disabled their “Available Now” option... unless every single NYC provider has suddenly got responsible.

What to do?

I feel like outing him.

Cancel and never contact him again.

What to do?

I feel like outing him.

He needs to learn how to read the room?‍♂️

My response to someone saying they had concerns about coronavirus from March 14th

"I am always a hygenic person, always drink plenty of fluids, so always end up peeing and washing hands, have an individual sanitizer with me...most of the clients I meet with do have office jobs or travel, and as much have been working from home for a bit so my cross exposure I consider minimal as well. With all that said, there is no way to guarantee anything, and ultimately falls on your comfort level. I do have allergies too so wouldn't want you to freak out if I sneeze of have that back of your mind worry distract from your enjoyment and feel guilty afterward. "

Admittedly, I could still have had a better response, but this is just to show you can communicate risk would be low, while still demonstrating you take the concerns of the other person seriously and leave the decision in their hands, free of the pressuring tactics.

What to do?

I feel like outing him.

He deserves to be outed for this.

Giving you a hard time?????

You are/were his client

The only HARD time he gets to give you is during the ‘two consenting adult’ bits.

Don’t waste karma outing him. More and more clients will reject his advancers anyway. If he applies the same pushyness to urging people to vote, he can redeem himself maybe

What to do?

I feel like outing him.

His last 5 words were a threat. Just ghost him going forward. You are now done with him.

At this time it does curtail my hiring and trust me when I say as a single guy living on my own I am craving human touch.

To answer an earlier question of what a masseur could do - there is currently a PSA on masseurfinder about Covid-19, I still peruse the ads: if a massage therapist were to offer a pay now for a massage when this is all behind us I would be more likely to commit. It shows he is taking care of himself as well as his clients and not looking for a quick buck.

What to do?

I feel like outing him.

I agree to cancel.

Outing? I wouldn't. That's an emotional reaction, and no one really knows the therapist's every motivation.

Maybe its a genuine belief that clients need their sessions. Maybe he's scared about income. Keeping things going.

Maybe he's just mistaken in beliefs. Or just plain wrong, making a bad decision under pressure.

What's it help to out the person? To add stress? Potentially wreck their career, or initiate online torture?

We're too quick to blame and cause others unanticipated harm in the digital age.

Just cancel and stay safe.

I agree to cancel.

Outing? I wouldn't. That's an emotional reaction, and no one really knows the therapist's every motivation.

Maybe its a genuine belief that clients need their sessions. Maybe he's scared about income. Keeping things going.

Maybe he's just mistaken in beliefs. Or just plain wrong, making a bad decision under pressure.

What's it help to out the person? To add stress? Potentially wreck their career, or initiate online torture?

We're too quick to blame and cause others unanticipated harm in the digital age.

Just cancel and stay safe.

I don’t necessarily believe that letting us know who the masseur is = emotional reaction. I think it’s a slippery slope to label it as such because one could argue that every review on here (positive & negative) is an emotional reaction to an experience. I.e. “I loved this masseur so I am going to write a review.” or “I had an awful experience with this person I hired, so I am going to let the community know”. Any negative review could potentially add stress and wreck a career.

This forum is awesome because of the open and honest reviews and discussions. I do think that the word “outing” probably wasn’t the best term to use because it sounds vindictive, but I don’t think there’s anything wrong with sharing an experience and letting others know who it is about.

I honestly don’t care what the masseur is going through. Telling a client “I will remember you cancelling” shows that masseur’s true colors and I would never want to have someone I hire speak to me that way. It’s unprofessional and there are definitely other ways he could have handled the situation.

Also, I got one of my other faves to send me a sexy photo of him for $100 to give him some $. He’s gonna video himself showering for me next week. Maybe try that or a video chat if you’re missing someone or needing some personalized attention.

Not a bad idea. A masseur reached out to me and offered a "virtual coaching session". I guess they'll try anything for $$$.

Edited by Redwine56

Also, I got one of my other faves to send me a sexy photo of him for $100 to give him some $. He’s gonna video himself showering for me next week. Maybe try that or a video chat if you’re missing someone or needing some personalized attention.

Not a bad idea. A masseur reached out to me and offered a "virtual coaching session". I guess they'll try anything for $$$.

What to do?

I feel like outing him.

I would block that party from contacting me and remember how he acted during these terrible times. The one thing we have control over is the social distancing and I just don’t see how you can do that in a massage session unless you’re both in hazmat suits .... I stopped hiring 3 weeks ago and have been enjoying the massage videos that kind souls have been posting under the spa group on here. IMHO of course

I got a really hard push from one of my regulars to come see him. Made me kinda sad that he’s willing to risk both of our safety for $150. Stay strong guys!! We can get through this. We are pretty much all no more than 2 degrees of separation from each other. Let’s keep each other safe and stay home.

Why do you need a quid pro quo? Why not send your guys a couple hundred and forget about the money. Sure they need money, they are in a transactional business— no transaction, no pay.

Send them some bucks and don’t worry about it, if they want to repay you in $$$ or services let them but GIVE them some cashflow now.