Pandemic preparation? ?

KeepItReal
This topic is 1503 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Canada, 50 people [updated as of 200307] have tested positive for the COVID19 virus to date. No deaths, one person in critical condition. All of the 34 are connected with overseas travel. All of their contacts have been followed up with and tested.

Everyone that arrives at a hospital with flu symptoms, is being tested for the virus.

All public transit is being 'disinfected' daily.

How does this differ from the public health response in the USA?

Edited by RealAvalon

The Washington Post: ‘Don’t touch your face,’ warn public officials seconds before touching their faces.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/03/05/coronavirus-officials-touch-faces/

Lol.

I forget the reasons why, but it is a reflex and behavior that we all seem to do. That's why it's equally important to always wash hands and keep up personal hygiene so as not to introduce foreign contaminates that may be on your hands or body.

Side note: is anyone else worried people are going to look at you like you are walking death if you are hit hard by allergies this season??

Yes, because I have been having terrible seasonal allergies for the past month--sneezing, coughing, and runny, itchy eyes. However, the respiratory problems associated with COVID-19 are in the lungs, not in the head, although the average person on the street is probably not aware of that distinction.

Yes, because I have been having terrible seasonal allergies for the past month--sneezing, coughing, and runny, itchy eyes. However, the respiratory problems associated with COVID-19 are in the lungs, not in the head, although the average person on the street is probably not aware of that distinction.

Whenever you sneeze in public, shout, "I don't have Coronavirus! I swear!!" with the guiltiest look you can summon. Then watch the crowds part like Moses & the Red Sea.

Whenever you sneeze in public, shout, "I don't have Coronavirus! I swear!!" with the guiltiest look you can summon. Then watch the crowds part like Moses & the Red Sea.

Hmm I might try this?

On top of seasonal allergies, occasionally strong scents and feathers, I actually suffer during a normal sunny day at times if I don't have sunglasses?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK109193/

I've had major sinus problems this winter. For the last few weeks I've been using NeilMed Sinus Rinse twice a day. The little packets are mixed with six ounces of distilled water. I was about to run out of distilled water, this morning, so I went to my local Smart & Final to buy more. I had to buy a 2 1/2 gallon jug because everything smaller was sold out. No other water was available of any size or type. Do people really believe that our tap water supply is going to dry up or become contaminated?

I've had major sinus problems this winter. For the last few weeks I've been using NeilMed Sinus Rinse twice a day. The little packets are mixed with six ounces of distilled water. I was about to run out of distilled water, this morning, so I went to my local Smart & Final to buy more. I had to buy a 2 1/2 gallon jug because everything smaller was sold out. No other water was available of any size or type. Do people really believe that our tap water supply is going to dry up or become contaminated?

If you need distilled water in a pinch, boil filtered water or even tap water. It's basically the same thing.