NYT Spelling Bee - Anyone Playing It?

Gar1eth
This topic is 1564 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I've gotten 25 words so far on today's puzzle. But I think I'm stuck.

IMG_1571.jpg?raw=1

For those who don't play, the rules are--

• Words must contain at least 4 letters.
  • Words must include the center letter.
  • Our word list does not include words that are obscure, hyphenated, or proper nouns.
  • No cussing either, sorry.
  • Letters can be used more than once.

Score points to increase your rating.

• 4-letter words are worth 1 point each.
  • Longer words earn 1 point per letter.
  • Each puzzle includes at least one “pangram” which uses every letter. These are worth 7 extra points!

Gman

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can only come up with 2 six-letter words: bridal and lizard, unless I use the z twice and make blizzard.

How about rabbi and barb?

I am shocked that this group did not come up with RIBALD.

Y'all are great!!! I looked at this for hours and never came up with these.

Gman

Only one I had to add to yours were Fell Fluff and Full. and Missed Uneventful as I though you said their were nineteen and stopped looking, Came up with unfelt by putting un in front of every word I had but did not do it to eventful as that was a pangram already, You should try the Sunday one, I have spent more than an hour on that looking for one word to get me to the finish,. They score that with good to excellent scale and they tell you how many you need to be excellent but they always have a few more. In that puzzle I have usually found offbeat words, technical words from medicine that they do not score.

Only one I had to add to yours were Fell Fluff and Full. and Missed Uneventful as I though you said their were nineteen and stopped looking, Came up with unfelt by putting un in front of every word I had but did not do it to eventful as that was a pangram already, You should try the Sunday one, I have spent more than an hour on that looking for one word to get me to the finish,. They score that with good to excellent scale and they tell you how many you need to be excellent but they always have a few more. In that puzzle I have usually found offbeat words, technical words from medicine that they do not score.

My apologies for telling you something wrong. It was what I believed at the time.

This new one is a toughie. I can only get 13 words. I have no idea what the word is that uses all 7 choices.

IMG_1584.jpg?raw=1

Gman