NYT Spelling Bee - Anyone Playing It?

Gar1eth
This topic is 1564 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Gazpacho. Pogo. Poach. Chop. Chap. Choochoo. Goop. Hoop. Pooch. Hooch. Coop. Coco. Cocoa. Achoo. Capo. Pooh. Poopoo. Poop. Agog. Opah. Cacao 21. But I doubt Poopoo and choochoo would be good, Googoo either for that matter, Opah is very common crossword puzzle word but that may not qualify here either,

Edited by purplekow

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gazpacho. Pogo. Poach. Chop. Chap. Choochoo. Goop. Hoop. Pooch. Hooch. Coop. Coco. Cocoa. Achoo. Capo. Pooh. Poopoo. Poop. Agog. Opah. Cacao 21. But I doubt Poopoo and choochoo would be good, Googoo either for that matter, Opah is very common crossword puzzle word but that may not qualify here either,

I tried choochoo. It didn't work. Chap won't work because no O.

Gman

Clawback and cockblock are missing

While they work, th weren't included on the official list of words for the day.

WOK

Per the offices rules, the words have to be longer than three letters

Confession time: I've so enjoyed following this thread, I subscribed to the NYT so that I can play every evening when I get home from work. I also subscribed to the daily headlines newsletter so I can be more aware of the headlines by the time I get to the office.

You subscribed because of this thread, or had you already subscribed? Today's is a toughie for me.

Gman

• 4 weeks later...

Here's the latest one from today. It never fails. When I first see the puzzle, I think to myself that I don't see any possible words. Then I start staring at for a second. And a few words begin to pop up. I was stuck at 99 points which was a score of Amazing for around 12 hours. I finally figured out one last word to bump me up to 100 points which on this puzzle is Genius level. Today to get 100 points, it took me 25 words. (The point values for each level can vary daily. They depend on how easy it is to make words from the given day's puzzle.)

IMG_1703.jpg?raw=1

Gman

Love playing this, but do not see value subscribing to it anymore. But, it's fun everyday to at least figure out the Pangram!

I can't always figure out the pangram. For example on the Jan 29 th one, I can barely even figure out any words.

clay, cant, allay, ally, vacant, vacantly, natal, tally, canal, anal, canny, catty, natty, tact, naval, cyan, lacy, navy, cavy, cavalla, clan, lava, annal,

Not enough for Genius

Here's my list that got me genius-oh and I tried annal-but it wasn't accepted

IMG_1704.PNG?raw=1

Gman