This Guy Lived In My Dorm As I Recollect

Gar1eth
This topic is 1618 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I was googling to see what an actor looked like. I mistyped the name initially and up popped a picture of this guy. I went to college with him. I think he lived in my dorm. If not, his girlfriend Brenda was in a few of my classes, and I knew him vaguely from that. I thought he was handsome in college. Look at him now as a man in his late 50's (although I'm not sure when the picture was taken). My memory is that he had dark red hair.

File%20Nov%2029%2C%2012%2042%2049%20AM.jpeg?raw=1

Gman

Edited by Gar1eth

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was googling to see what an actor looked like. I mistyped the name initially and up popped a picture of this guy. I went to college with him. I think he lived in my dorm. If not, his girlfriend Brenda was in a few of my classes, and I knew him vaguely from that. I thought he was handsome in college. Look at him now as a man in his late 50's (although I'm not sure when the picture was taken). My memory is that he had dark red hair.

Gman

would you go on a date with him?

Done, Sir!

Edited by marylander1940

Allen-C-Van-Horn.jpg?ext=.jpg

Gman

would you go on a date with him?

No because he's straight.

Gman

I can't remember if I ever saw him naked in the shower or not.

Gman

I can't believe a gay man said this. I can't believe a gay man said this. I can't believe a gay man said this. :D

He lived on another floor or wing. It would have been highly suspicious for me to shower in his area. Plus my dorm had been a women's dorm at one time. We had shower stalls. My cousin's dorm had more of a pole set up although there was some kind of cloth divisions separating the shower heads.

Gman

He lived on another floor or wing. It would have been highly suspicious for me to shower in his area. Plus my dorm had been a women's dorm at one time. We had shower stalls. My cousin's dorm had more of a pole set up although there was some kind of cloth divisions separating the shower heads.

All good reasons why you would not have seen him naked. I think @friendofsheila was expressing disbelief at your inability to remember. :-P

You do realize that both of their pictures are easily searched to locate their names and locations, right? It’s just one less degree of separation between the name @Gar1eth and the real person...Just FYI if that matters to you...

Their pictures were readily on the web. I didn't say anything salacious about them. And to be able to actually find me from these specific posts out of everyone who lived in our dorm or knew the urologist's then girlfriend (and now that I think about it, while I am 100% sure I knew the girlfriend, I'm only 90% sure we lived in the same dorm at one time), well while it might theoretically possible to discover me, it would take spy level movie skills to do it. Now if someone were to take all my posts over the years, or trace my internet connection from my posts, it would be easier. But I'm going to assume, the majority of people who use the Message Center don't have those skills. And for the few who might, why bother? I'm a middle-aged gay male with a failed career who is living on the edge of poverty. What good would it do to out me?

Gman

Edited by Gar1eth

Well he would need to be a catcher as I'm a pitcher. I can't remember if I ever saw him naked in the shower or not.

Gman

I can remember only twenty men I saw naked in the showers in high school or in basic training in the Army and after basic training.

I am only counting guys whose names I remember, not every man ever saw naked (it would add 200 or 300 at the Jersey Shore beach showers).

Edited by WilliamM

I've forgotten many naked people and tried to forget many more.

Over a lifetime, sure, but how many in adolescence? Virtually nobody used the showers at my high school and my dorm had stalls with curtains, so when someone took a shower after track practice or chose to towel off outside the shower in the dorm, it stood out in my memory. And one streaker at a concert...

Over a lifetime, sure, but how many in adolescence? Virtually nobody used the showers at my high school and my dorm had stalls with curtains, so when someone took a shower after track practice or chose to towel off outside the shower in the dorm, it stood out in my memory. And one streaker at a concert...

They made us shower in junior high-at least in 7th and maybe 8th grade. I can't remember about 9th. I was always embarrassed because I was fat. In 10 grade-my last year to take PE in public school-I don't remember ever showering. Some of the athletic guys might have. But I didn't stare at them.

Gman