Mexico City - Zona Rosa (Red Zone)

twinkboylover28
This topic is 1649 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I can only offer that my travel friend and I saw a probable hustler on the NW corner of Amberes and Hamburgo (Zona Rosa) last April. He was very good-looking, youngish, and stayed on that corner for at least an hour. I would've chatted him up with help from my Spanish-fluent friend, but getting him past the hotel front desk was my main concern since guest verification is required at most hotels in CDMX.

Though I know you're joking, Zona Rosa has never meant 'red-light district'

That's what I thought but didn't weigh in here. When I was there in (ahem) 1982 it was clear to me that it was an entertainment and dining precinct not a red-light district. My enduring memory is running into Marty Feldman there.

many years ago, the Zona Rosa was THE neighborhood to stay in for typical tourists.......great location between the Centro and the Chapultepec Park-area attractions.......it's now a popular nightspot area, among many other city neighborhoods that can claim that, but the upscale hotel/food/shopping area has migrated to the Polanco and Condesa districts

https://www.tripsavvy.com/mexico-city-neighborhoods-guide-4152063

LOL, yes I have been there and I realize it is not Amsterdam window merchandise or Swiss drive-in sex compartments, but it is as close to a queer "red-light" district as you'll get, next to Siempretuyo & Mileroticos.

You do realize that there are not red-lit signed brothels, but the cars stop at the red light, check to see the merchandise is not 'amber alert', and the hustlas be hopping in shot-gun to flash their tools? ?

• 1 month later...
many years ago, the Zona Rosa was THE neighborhood to stay in for typical tourists.......great location between the Centro and the Chapultepec Park-area attractions.......it's now a popular nightspot area, among many other city neighborhoods that can claim that, but the upscale hotel/food/shopping area has migrated to the Polanco and Condesa districts

https://www.tripsavvy.com/mexico-city-neighborhoods-guide-4152063

I stayed in Condesa. Great art-deco neighborhood. Polanco is more upscale, of course, but a little sterile. It was an interesting trip, but I don’t think I’ll return. I get antsy in such immense, densely-populated cities. I was struck by how tidy the area was, though, and how few people smoked. I also didn’t notice much obesity.