Which do you choose: the hard or soft option?

This topic is 1788 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Charmin seems to have two main options: Ultra Strong or Ultra Soft. Personally, there's probably nothing I hate more than TP tearing, so I prefer the Ultra Strong. I don't find it at all harsh on the tush. What's your preference?

Charmin-Ultra-Strong-Mega-hero-1.png?w=460&v=1-201802081513

Personally I find the Charmin commercials with this bear family talking about how clean their asses are disgusting! Great job by their ad gency. Bring back Mr. Whipple!

Alas, no longer possible....

"Mr. Whipple" was played by Dick Wilson (born Riccardo DiGuglielmo in 1916 in England), a character actor who also appeared in many TV sitcoms during the 1960s and 1970s. Between 1964 and 1985, Wilson appeared as Whipple in more than 500 commercials for Charmin. Wilson died of natural causes on November 19, 2007, at the age of 91, in California. Soon after, on November 28, 2007, a new Charmin commercial debuted on television, featuring old clips and paying tribute to Dick Wilson and Mr. Whipple. The tribute indicated that the deceased actor will be "In Our Hearts Forever."

For our younger readers, for whom this was "before their time":

Mr. George Whipple (also known as George the Grocer) is a fictional supermarket manager featured in television commercials, radio, and print advertisements that ran in the United States and Canada from 1964 to 1985 for Charmin toilet paper. Typically, Whipple scolds customers who "squeeze the Charmin," while hypocritically entertaining such actions himself when he thinks no one will notice.

"Mr. Whipple" was played by Dick Wilson (born Riccardo DiGuglielmo in 1916 in England), a character actor who also appeared in many TV sitcoms during the 1960s and 1970s. Between 1964 and 1985, Wilson appeared as Whipple in more than 500 commercials for Charmin. Wilson died of natural causes on November 19, 2007, at the age of 91, in California. Soon after, on November 28, 2007, a new Charmin commercial debuted on television, featuring old clips and paying tribute to Dick Wilson and Mr. Whipple. The tribute indicated that the deceased actor will be "In Our Hearts Forever."

Mr. George Whipple (also known as George the Grocer) is a fictional supermarket manager featured in television commercials, radio, and print advertisements that ran in the United States and Canada from 1964 to 1985 for Charmin toilet paper. Typically, Whipple scolds customers who "squeeze the Charmin," while hypocritically entertaining such actions himself when he thinks no one will notice.

They could easily substitute his grandson, William Whipple, only these days he would encourage shoppers to squeeze the Charmin so they could see how gentle the extra-strong stuff is.

To your original question, I used Charmin ultra-strong for the same reasons you and @Charlie cited. I preferred Cottonelle, but Target was always out of it and then they started offering gift cards when you bought Charmin and Bounty together. That all changed when I needed toilet paper and was at Costco. Now I have a lifetime supply. It feels a lot like extra-strong Cottonelle.

PS: If any Phoenicans ever need TP and they don't feel like going to the store, let me know. PLEASE!

PS: If any Phoenicans ever need TP and they don't feel like going to the store, let me know. PLEASE!

Would you consider a large quantity of excellent toilet paper for that sword?

http://history-lists.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/phoenicians.jpg

Supposedly Charmin is also hard on your drain pipes.

Which one, the strong or the soft? I haven't had problems with my pipes so far. I also use Cottonelle, which I think could be even more challenging for pipes.

Not sure. I was always told to stay away from Charmin and Cottonelle also. We use Scotts and Kirklands. The baddest thing for pipes are the so called flushable wipes. It cost me close to 700 dollars when drains backed up into basement and plumber had to snake all the way down under driveway to a mass of wipes blocking where my house's sewer line empties into the main street line.

Perhaps they could institute his hot new gay muscle boy grandson Ripple Whipple who talks about getting those asses finger licking clean. You can squeeze the Charmin and then squeeze into the grandson.