Cut vs uncut

Reisr30
This topic is 1790 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

This is a bit personal but I thought I might get some good feedback on a question. I am middle age and uncut. Never had a problem with cleanliness or issues with my penis. Recently I saw a urologist and he said because I was still young (if you can believe it) that I should consider getting circumcised to prevent some medical conditions that impact uncircumcised guys from affecting me in the future. He said it’s a standard procedure with minimal risk and that within 6 months you heal and other discomfort goes away as you get used to not having the extra foreskin. I may not have the best penis but I am used to it and it doesn’t bother me but I wonder if being cut might be better for me. I of course worry about complications and of course once it’s done I can’t change mind. Have any of you all been circumcised as adults. Wondering how painful it is and whether it is such a minimal risk.

This is a bit personal but I thought I might get some good feedback on a question. I am middle age and uncut. Never had a problem with cleanliness or issues with my penis. Recently I saw a urologist and he said because I was still young (if you can believe it) that I should consider getting circumcised to prevent some medical conditions that impact uncircumcised guys from affecting me in the future. He said it’s a standard procedure with minimal risk and that within 6 months you heal and other discomfort goes away as you get used to not having the extra foreskin. I may not have the best penis but I am used to it and it doesn’t bother me but I wonder if being cut might be better for me. I of course worry about complications and of course once it’s done I can’t change mind. Have any of you all been circumcised as adults. Wondering how painful it is and whether it is such a minimal risk.

Like @azdr0710 I am cut, but were I not there is absolutely no way in heaven or hell or on earth that I would get circumcised as an adult.

As long as good hygiene is observed, proper precautions taken during sex (circumcision is found to reduce incidence of HIV significantly), and you dont catch your foreskin in your zipper, I would not recommend the procedure as an adult - pain, infection, pain, pain and more pain. And dont forget the risk of infection.

As far as the zipper goes, years ago in my ER days, Fridays and Saturdays were not complete unless you had at least 1 guy stuck.

No way!! I admit I'm a skin freak -- and that the mild scent of a *clean* uncut cock is a major turnon. But everything I've ever heard about adult circumcision, even when done out of medical necessity, says avoid avoid avoid. Do you really want to spend 6 mos. of your life with a painful dick, not to mention the ugly fresh scar?

I say keep the skin, lose the urologist.

If you have Netflix, take a look at the documentary “American Circumcision”. When proponents of circumcision were asked to outline the benefits (what medical problems will be avoided) the so called experts,

could not provide a reasoned response. They also debunk the myth that it can help you avoid STDs like HIV, by looking at the actual statistics and not just repeating sound bites.

By the way, I am cut because of my parents’ religious beliefs so I don’t have a problem with being cut, I just dont like hearing myth and rumor used to promote the painful and often dangerous practice.

Dude, don’t do it. My brother was born overseas when my dad was in the military and never got cut. He got the same advice when he was 35 (he’s 55 now) and had the surgery. No complications at all, but I’ve heard him say a thousand times (usually after a couple of beers) that doing so was the stupidest decision he ever made.

I remember reading an interview of a guy who got cut in his 30’s and he compared post-cut orgasm to black and white TV, while precut orgasm was in full color. Don’t know if that’s typical, but after decades of having my cut dick rubbing against fabric, that analogy made sense to me. A friend of mine got cut at 20 and said it was a miserable experience. I’d leave it as is if I were you.