weird experience this evening

m4same
This topic is 1821 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I contacted a new person for a massage. We set a duration, time, and fee. I had a weird vibe from him so I told him I'm 59 and asked if that was a problem. No reply. I then asked for his address. He asked for my photo "for security reasons" and, said upon receiving it, he would send his address. I took a selfie with a stern look. Think I heard from him with his address? I'm glad that massage never happened...

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I contacted a new person for a massage. We set a duration, time, and fee. I had a weird vibe from him so I told him I'm 59 and asked if that was a problem. No reply. I then asked for his address. He asked for my photo "for security reasons" and, said upon receiving it, he would send his address. I took a selfie with a stern look. Think I heard from him with his address? I'm glad that massage never happened...

Providing a link to the masseurs MF or RM profile wouldn’t be considered a review.....

Why, when booking an appointment, if you got a weird vibe, would you mention your age? If I got a "weird vibe", that would be a huge red flag. I would trust my gut instinct right there, and would not mention my age, but would mention that maybe today/tonite is not going to work for my schedule and I will be in contact at a later date. Then I would move onto another masseur who I feel more comfortable with. He ain't the only fish in the sea. There are tons of them out there.

Edited by Dmitri

Why, when booking an appointment, if you get a weird vibe, would you mention your age? If I got a "weird vibe", that would be a huge red flag. I would trust my gut instinct right there, and would not mention my age, but would mention that maybe today/tonite is not going to work for my schedule and I will be in contact at a later date. Then I would move onto another masseur who I feel more comfortable with. He ain't the only fish in the sea. There are tons of them out there.

True.

Guest InthePines
You should post a link

Agreed. Anyone who's going to pull that shit doesn't have the professionalism to be in the business. Had a similar experience last Summer after setting up an outcall with a visiting masseur. Thirty minutes before the massage was scheduled, he sent a shirtless photo and asked for a photo in return. I sent him my business mug shot and he said the Lyft would be too expensive and he would come the next night when he had his friend's car. I didn't hear from him again. Total asshole, but he had my home address, so not much I could do.

BTW. I've since discuss this with a few "Pros" who I've hired repeatedly and both said they think the whole photo share thing is ridiculously, and when a new client takes it upon themselves to send a photo prior to meeting, they're feeling is "oh shit", it's going to be one of those. That said, if I am ever asked for a photo again, they'll receive a "sorry, this isn't going to work out. best of luck" response.

I do sometimes send a photo during our initial conversation if it's a masseur I've not hired before, especially if I have seen a photo of him in his ad. My thinking is, I want to know who's coming to my door, and I figure it's only fair for him to know who's coming to his, or who will be answering the door if he's coming to me.

In a way, asking for a photo is a good thing. Yes it’s incredibly rude but at least you don’t waste your time with someone who may not give you full attention if they are only looking to massage a certain type of guy.

I see both sides, but from my point, I would rather send a pic of myself and know the masseur is good with how I look than risk turning up and getting a lesser experience because I am not the masseur's type.

Agreed. Anyone who's going to pull that shit doesn't have the professionalism to be in the business. Had a similar experience last Summer after setting up an outcall with a visiting masseur. Thirty minutes before the massage was scheduled, he sent a shirtless photo and asked for a photo in return. I sent him my business mug shot and he said the Lyft would be too expensive and he would come the next night when he had his friend's car. I didn't hear from him again. Total asshole, but he had my home address, so not much I could do.

BTW. I've since discuss this with a few "Pros" who I've hired repeatedly and both said they think the whole photo share thing is ridiculously, and when a new client takes it upon themselves to send a photo prior to meeting, they're feeling is "oh shit", it's going to be one of those. That said, if I am ever asked for a photo again, they'll receive a "sorry, this isn't going to work out. best of luck" response.

I thought about doing that and decided I would take an unflattering selfie and see what happens.

In a way, asking for a photo is a good thing. Yes it’s incredibly rude but at least you don’t waste your time with someone who may not give you full attention if they are only looking to massage a certain type of guy.

If there’s a screening process for giving someone a massage, they shouldn’t be a masseur at all.

I usually send a photo of myself to a new masseur right off the bat, if nothing else they'll be more forthcoming about the extras they'll offer since a lot of the time masseur mileage varies.

I think sending a photo of oneself is encouraging a rotten behavior. And over time it’ll be a prerequisite to hire, making it even more difficult to meet a provider. But I mean...if that’s what everyone wants.

I think sending a photo of oneself is encouraging a rotten behavior. And over time it’ll be a prerequisite to hire, making it even more difficult to meet a provider. But I mean...if that’s what everyone wants.

I have had the experience of going to someone's place for a massage and having them not open the door. I'd rather not waste that much time and effort.

Attention people who send pictures to masseurs you never met... You're opening up yourself to potential blackmail and embarrassment. You have zero idea what that person will do with it. Or if they are unstable people. He might post it on his social media with a comment. He might threaten to expose you for soliciting sex (the law considers an HE sex). There was a masseur named Tom in West Hollywood a few years ago. Used to advertise on massage m4m. Blonde twunk. Good looking. I texted inquiring about a massage. He was not available when I was so I never booked. The next week he started texting and calling my phone like a nut. Leaving me crazy messages. "you think you're better than me? I'm the best there is!" And stuff like that. And he'd do the same the following week. Can you imagine if an unstable guy like that has your picture?