CANCELED - 2020 Palm Springs Weekend! #17

Oliver
This topic is 1514 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I always make sure that I book my flights far enough ahead so that I am assured of a direct flight into PS. I hate having to stop off in Phoenix (from Chicago) and then go on from there. When I have arrived I find the PS airport fairly easy to navigate (and I typically hate airports) and if for some reason you need to spend time waiting for a ride there is a large courtyard area that is pleasant to hang out in if you don't want to stay inside the building. Finally, once I got to where I was staying (the Hacienda - which is right around the corner from Inndulge - another resort members stay at) I really did not find it too far to walk to various stores if you need necessities. And I am not a big walker.

@TruthBTold - Since you're only around the corner, come on over pardner and say HI...! :cool:

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this might be covered in a prior year's threat, but at some point, does @Oliver or @Epigonos request an RSVP for the event he hosts?

The official invitation from Oliver will be posted here in the forum in February. It will be a new thread started by him and will have all the details on how to RSVP.

So you will be at Inndulge? Well, you will also have to come to Hacienda (at least to see it). It is a big space and there is hardly anyone there usually. I will PM you to get your dates so I have you to myself. :)

You bet... I'll come visit you at the Hacienda! However, we'll need a larger group so we can properly celebrate your birthday! ;)

This popped up today on my screen.

#2. Air Museum. Have't visited yet, but want to. Looks like something I'd appreciate a lot.

#3 Moorten Botannical Garden. Discovered this place driving by. Was worth a visit. Convenient, easy stop.

#6. Finally visited the Art Museum last August. Loved it If you enjoy art, then this place is is a worthy stop and so convenient.

#11. Joshua Tree. I always enjoy the beauty of the desert at Joshua Tree. Long drive though. Recommend an early start.

#16 Bill's pizza. I love pizza and this place is pretty good and convenient. Also, there is a Shakey's not far, for those that grew up with Shakey's pizza and want to reminisce. Works for me.

#16 Bill's pizza. I love pizza and this place is pretty good and convenient. Also, there is a Shakey's not far, for those that grew up with Shakey's pizza and want to reminisce. Works for me.

I like both places, although Shakey's usually has a lot of families with kids, which I could do without :p but as long as we're talking restaurants, I highly recommend Brickworks. It's upstairs, overlooking Palm Canyon, where Matchbox used to be. We haven't tried their pizza yet, but their omelettes are fantastic. Great service too, very friendly, and they never seem to be too busy, even during peak brunch time on Sunday. A well-kept secret so far!

Rob

I like both places, although Shakey's usually has a lot of families with kids, which I could do without :p but as long as we're talking restaurants, I highly recommend Brickworks. It's upstairs, overlooking Palm Canyon, where Matchbox used to be. We haven't tried their pizza yet, but their omelettes are fantastic. Great service too, very friendly, and they never seem to be too busy, even during peak brunch time on Sunday. A well-kept secret so far!

Rob

I've grabbed carry out from Shakey's, but yeah, lotta kids in there.

Another fun place I mentioned before is Roy's in R.M.

We enjoyed the happy hour menu sitting at the bar.

How about Rick's Restaurant and Bakery in Palm Springs... Isn't that a favorite place for breakfast?

I usually hit Rick's once or twice during my stay. My nickname is Rick, totally unrelated to my given name, and as a result, I usually buy a souvenir coffee cup each year with the name Rick's on it. The food is good there and the cups are deep and sturdy. Two of my favorite attributes, deep and sturdy.

Pardon my ignorance but what is Palm Springs weekend and how do I join? Sorry if this questions is annoying but I feel like everyone knows about this except for me.

Thus us the seventeenth I think year that one of the posters hosts a dinner in Palm Springs and then a pool party the following day. It started as a small dinner for a few providers and a few clients and now it has gotten to be quite a bit more. Usually 30 to 40 posters and members of the forum meet up in Palm Springs and enjoy a weekend of camaraderie. The group is usually spread out among three or four hotels and others stay at private residences. Except for a Saturday dinner and a Sunday pool party, the rest of the weekend is a la carte. It is a chance to meet like minded men and the occasional woman and have some fun.

Some here will give you grief for not doing so, but I offer it as advice to read through this thread and there are threads about previous years, The weekend of April 13 is the weekend this year. All are welcome but it is RSVP for the dinner and the pool party. Oliver will send out notice as the date approaches. Less than 75 days now.

Pardon my ignorance but what is Palm Springs weekend and how do I join? Sorry if this questions is annoying but I feel like everyone knows about this except for me.

Thus us the seventeenth I think year that one of the posters hosts a dinner in Palm Springs and then a pool party the following day. It started as a small dinner for a few providers and a few clients and now it has gotten to be quite a bit more. Usually 30 to 40 posters and members of the forum meet up in Palm Springs and enjoy a weekend of camaraderie. The group is usually spread out among three or four hotels and others stay at private residences. Except for a Saturday dinner and a Sunday pool party, the rest of the weekend is a la carte. It is a chance to meet like minded men and the occasional woman and have some fun.

Some here will give you grief for not doing so, but I offer it as advice to read through this thread and there are threads about previous years, The weekend of April 13 is the weekend this year. All are welcome but it is RSVP for the dinner and the pool party. Oliver will send out notice as the date approaches. Less than 75 days now.

just to clarify @purplekow, the dates are Saturday April 18 and Sunday April 19. The pool party will be on Sunday. Contact @Oliver via PM if you’re interested in attending.

just to clarify @purplekow, the dates are Saturday April 18 and Sunday April 19. The pool party will be on Sunday. Contact @Oliver via PM if you’re interested in attending.

Thanks so much.

Thanks so much.