Royal Caribbean Gay Cruise Arrests

Guest MikeThomas
This topic is 1931 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The mere fact that they would use their government emails to discuss smuggling drugs clearly shows that they were “testing the merchandise”....

In the words of Fred Sanford:

“You Big Dummy” LOL

Guest MikeThomas
Broken record here, but as if I needed more reasons to never go on one of these cruises again.

Longest. Week. Ever.

I guess no great stories for your blog.

It's been awhile but I've been on several Atlantis cruises and always had a good time. Short trips out of the U.S. tend to be the party crazy ones. The further away 1) Baltic 2) Greece and islands )3 Asia are all more expensive and tend to have a better mix of older and settled types mixed in with the younger. You pretty much find the people you like to hang with in the first couple of days and ignore what doesn't suit you. Better entertainment - we've had Debbie Reynolds, Charo, Rita Moreno and Belinda Carlisle at different times.

I've written about my trips with Atlantis and RSVP on 15MM in the past.

It's not that there wasn't a ton of opportunity for entertaining (read: pithy) commentary, sex traveloguing, etc, but I didn't want to come across as a disrespectful dick to the great fellas who invited me along. 100% of the time, the best part of doing the all-gay cruises were the guys I was traveling with. It was the company I kept, not the cruise.

The best experience I had gay cruising was with RSVP when they used an Azamara ship and we cruised SE Asia. It catered to an older, more traveled crowd who had to outlay a little more cash to just get to the port (Hong Kong). It wasn't a party boat. No theme nights. Just a really beautiful smaller ship, great entertainment, interesting ports and the chance to really make friends with a wide variety of other guys. If I was going to do this kind of thing again, this would be the iten I'd look at.

Other option: You also have a ton of gay-friendly trips (R Family, Playbill) that book space on existing cruises. I've had great cruise experiences on both of those outfits.

A different opinion, @Benjamin_Nicholas. I remember staying close to Dubrovnik, and driving into the city early in the morning.

Lovely experience, until the cruise ship folks arrived for lunch.

Croatia- and Dubrovnik- is truly beautiful. I saw it first from a cruise ship, but have since gone back to explore.

There's something to be said for what the cruise industry does to a small village/town, both good and bad. I've watched that happen to a place I love very much, Key West, and it's been bittersweet.

The mere fact that they would use their government emails to discuss smuggling drugs clearly shows that they were “testing the merchandise”....

In the words of Fred Sanford:

“You Big Dummy” LOL

Not only did they violate every policy in the book, they are just fucking stupid. No, strike that. They are too stupid to fuck.

Guest MikeThomas

I’ve been on 3 Cunard Queen Mary 2 crossings... New York to Southampton. Have met a great group of guys on each voyage. Always fun 5:00PM LGBTQ cocktails in the Commodore’s Club.

Croatia- and Dubrovnik- is truly beautiful. I saw it first from a cruise ship, but have since gone back to explore.

There's something to be said for what the cruise industry does to a small village/town, both good and bad. I've watched that happen to a place I love very much, Key West, and it's been bittersweet.

I would suggest a trip through Croatian and Slovenian Istria. Very much like Tuscany without the tourist hordes.