Haircut And Shave

Avalon
This topic is 1938 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I've not had a haircut in almost four years. And I have not shaved in over six months. My apartment shares the parking lot with a hair salon. My landlord was just here. I told him that I'd like / needed a haircut and shave. So he went over and brought me one of stylist's business cards. She was not in.

So I'm going to call in a few days. She'll need to come here.

I want it simple. I have no one to impress. Just set the clippers on 0.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had the same stylist for about seven years now. She's helped me with three hairstyle changes and we've cultivated a nice friendship—she invited me to her wedding last year!

I prefer to shave my facial hair. I've made a 30-minute ritual out of it which I look forward to every Sunday night.

As for hair down there, I just get it sugared every month or two.

Trying to bring back the hippie look??:eek: You might want to buy a hair clipping set. Around $30.00. Easy to use yourself or train Alf to do it.;)

I did buy clippers; got them last week. Still in the box. I was slow in using the walker too but am now glad I did.

I used to take a daily walk to a mom & pop store. I'd walk by a hair salon about midway. One day - almost four years ago (it will be next month) - a woman came out and asked if I wanted a free haircut. I said yes. Haircut was a few days later. I did give her a tip. While there a male barber asked me if I wanted a free shave. A few days later I got it. I wanted my beard to grow a little. I gave him a tip also.

Since retiring I used to shave twice a week. But about six months ago it got too difficult to stand that long to shave.

I went nearly that long, according to my phone, it was November 21st. Gel works!

Broke the streak last Friday.

Feels so good.

I remember on Northern Exposure how Marylin told Dr. Fleischman when he was upset how he needed a haircut. I knew a native American woman that said the same thing, how a haircut is a good cure for feeling down in the dumps.

northern_exposure_cast_25266l.jpg

Edited by E.T.Bass

I did buy clippers; got them last week. Still in the box. I was slow in using the walker too but am now glad I did.

I used to take a daily walk to a mom & pop store. I'd walk by a hair salon about midway. One day - almost four years ago (it will be next month) - a woman came out and asked if I wanted a free haircut. I said yes. Haircut was a few days later. I did give her a tip. While there a male barber asked me if I wanted a free shave. A few days later I got it. I wanted my beard to grow a little. I gave him a tip also.

Since retiring I used to shave twice a week. But about six months ago it got too difficult to stand that long to shave.

I used to have a spine problem that made it extremely painful to stand for more than a few minutes. I solved the problem of not being able to stand for chores like shaving and cooking by sitting on a tall stool. I would sit on my tall stool at the kitchen counter chopping vegetables. I would move the stool to the stove when I needed to cook something. If I needed to shave, I put the stool in front of the bathroom sink.

I went nearly that long, according to my phone, it was November 24th. Gel works!

Broke the streak last Friday.

Feels so good.

I remember on Northern Exposure how Marylin told Dr. Fleischman when he was upset how he needed a haircut. I knew a native American woman that said the same thing, how a haircut is a good cure for feeling down in the dumps.

northern_exposure_cast_25266l.jpg

True enough. Its one of the fastest, simplest things you can do to improve the way you feel. Something even simpler is to do some task that you've been putting off doing. The sense of relief from doing it feels great.

A little lifes worth of haircuts and beard trims while you sit on the shitter - or by the sink - over a trash can - in the shower - wrapped in a trash bag - all for less than $21 bucks!!

https://www.amazon.com/Wahl-Color-Complete-Cutting-79300-400T/dp/B000JNQSIQ/ref=sr_1_4_s_it?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1548141711&sr=1-4&keywords=wahl+clippers

I've not had a haircut in almost four years. And I have not shaved in over six months. My apartment shares the parking lot with a hair salon. My landlord was just here. I told him that I'd like / needed a haircut and shave. So he went over and brought me one of stylist's business cards. She was not in.

So I'm going to call in a few days. She'll need to come here.

I want it simple. I have no one to impress. Just set the clippers on 0.

The place shares your parking lot --- why couldn't you figure the name from the proximity using the internet - a pair of binoculars - homing pidgeons - the Physic Friends Network?

You are fortunate to have a time generous landlord - but be careful of what you ask for -- you may wear out his generosity -- This haircut thing was something that with a little thought and effort you could have handled yourself . . . .

A little lifes worth of haircuts and beard trims while you sit on the shitter - or by the sink - over a trash can - in the shower - wrapped in a trash bag - all for less than $21 bucks!!

https://www.amazon.com/Wahl-Color-Complete-Cutting-79300-400T/dp/B000JNQSIQ/ref=sr_1_4_s_it?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1548141711&sr=1-4&keywords=wahl+clippers

Very economical, but having someone cut your hair and trim your beard is one of those little luxuries that you shouldn't go without.

The hairdresser next to your place should be back by now. Have you made an appointment, @Avalon? ;)

I just called her. She is not in the salon yet. Doesn't seem to be a problem. My landlord had explained my situation to her. I hope she can do it today. I told all I wanted was for her to set the clippers on 0.

I just called her. She is not in the salon yet. Doesn't seem to be a problem. My landlord had explained my situation to her. I hope she can do it today. I told all I wanted was for her to set the clippers on 0.

You should save the hair and make a toupee out of it. Would make a nice gift for someone in Washington DC.:D

The place shares your parking lot --- why couldn't you figure the name from the proximity using the internet - a pair of binoculars - homing pidgeons - the Physic Friends Network?

You are fortunate to have a time generous landlord - but be careful of what you ask for -- you may wear out his generosity -- This haircut thing was something that with a little thought and effort you could have handled yourself . . . .

I know. Completely agree.