New Look for the Forums

crushme99
This topic is 1960 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like this look too, and the color scheme is nice. I've noticed that the-text links like this one are almost the same color as standard text. That gives posts a cleaner look but makes it hard to pick out the links.

I also like it a lot. Now, about the lack of contrasts you are pointing out to... Perhaps Guy already fixed it? I can see perfectly the difference between both colors, even when I am not very skillful for colors.

I also like it a lot. Now, about the lack of contrasts you are pointing out to... Perhaps Guy already fixed it? I can see perfectly the difference between both colors, even when I am not very skillful for colors.

It looks the same to me; the link is a little darker than the rest of the text if you look carefully. Maybe others can see the difference better than I can.

I see what is going on. In my screen they are blue, not underline. When I move the cursor to click on the link, then it turns to underline. Cute.

I suspect that may have more to do with your browser's settings. For example, links are always underlined for me, whether I'm hovering over them or not. If you're curious, open in a different browser and see its behavior.

Kevin Slater

• 2 weeks later...
I cannot see what the damn difference is.

One difference between the M4M and M4M nextgen styles is that that you don't have to choose one of the wide variety of likes from a pull down menu under "Rate"; instead they arrayed in a horizontal row. The default text font also seems darker (for me, easier to read) and there's less white space on the page (which means less scrolling - and concommittent risk of RSI - for me). I have no objection to multiple skins, but I think I'm going to choose the M4M style for myself if it sticks around ...

One difference between the M4M and M4M nextgen styles is that that you don't have to choose one of the wide variety of likes from a pull down menu under "Rate"; instead they arrayed in a horizontal row. The default text font also seems darker (for me, easier to read) and there's less white space on the page (which means less scrolling - and concommittent risk of RSI - for me). I have no objection to multiple skins, but I think I'm going to choose the M4M style for myself if it sticks around ...

Thanks. Those are all the differences? I did notice them, but I am surprised anyone would find them to be significant. I am glad those who do not like the new style have the option to stay with the old look.

way down at the bottom of the page, a little paintbrush that (probably) says "M4M NextGen" next to it, hover over it and it says "Style Chooser". I switched back to just "M4M".

OMG, thank you for this! I switched to M4M style which seems to work best for me:)

@Guy Fawkes a question.

When I open the forum on my iPad chrome browser, there are two forum “headers”, the first with the logo etc, the second with alerts link, username etc.

When I scroll down, onky the first header “stays”, the second with alerts disappears in the scroll.

So...if I have an alert, and click on “alerts”, it might be nice to have that second header with the alert link remain? Why....so I can click on the next alert without having to scroll back up through the current thread I was alerted to before going to next alert.

Just a thought from my lazy scrolling fingers. Maybe not important, maybe too much screen real estate would be lost?

Merry Christmas! ?

9-DF21-ABD-1505-47-F7-8-CC5-FBEB1-B282-F30.jpg

@Guy Fawkes a question.

When I open the forum on my iPad chrome browser, there are two forum “headers”, the first with the logo etc, the second with alerts link, username etc.

When I scroll down, onky the first header “stays”, the second with alerts disappears in the scroll.

So...if I have an alert, and click on “alerts”, it might be nice to have that second header with the alert link remain? Why....so I can click on the next alert without having to scroll back up through the current thread I was alerted to before going to next alert.

Just a thought from my lazy scrolling fingers. Maybe not important, maybe too much screen real estate would be lost?

Merry Christmas! ?

I think on my iPhone that my "Alert" Header stays until I click on it no matter where I move in the Forum before clicking on it.

Gman

They do have a distinct color (at least to me), but they are not underlined in my screen.

Links are blue and underlined on my screen.

I see what is going on. In my screen they are blue, not underline. When I move the cursor to click on the link, then it turns to underline. Cute.

I suspect that may have more to do with your browser's settings. For example, links are always underlined for me, whether I'm hovering over them or not. If you're curious, open in a different browser and see its behavior.

Kevin Slater

I think whether you see the underline or not depends on which style for the Forum you pick. I'm using Safari on an iPhone. And when I pick NextGen style I see the links as blue and underlined. In the other style they are just blue.

Also if I pick NextGen style the printing is much paler. The colors are more vivid for me (which I prefer) using "Default."

Gman

I think on my iPhone that my "Alert" Header stays until I click on it no matter where I move in the Forum before clicking on it.

Gman

I’d like it to stay *after* I click on the first of multiple alerts, so I can just click it again for the next alert. Not acting that way for me now on iPadChrome. Not critical ?

:p

@Guy Fawkes a question.

Merry Christmas! ?

I’d like it to stay *after* I click on the first of multiple alerts, so I can just click it again for the next alert. Not acting that way for me now on iPadChrome. Not critical ?

Of course I can't be sure now. But I think even on the previous Forum Format, the "alert" alert went away after I clicked on the first one. So this is nothing new for me.:p

But as long as we are listing things, I wish there was a "number of pages" navigator at the top of the thread as well as at the bottom.

Gman