New Look for the Forums

crushme99
This topic is 1961 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

@Guy Fawkes a question.

When I open the forum on my iPad chrome browser, there are two forum “headers”, the first with the logo etc, the second with alerts link, username etc.

When I scroll down, onky the first header “stays”, the second with alerts disappears in the scroll.

So...if I have an alert, and click on “alerts”, it might be nice to have that second header with the alert link remain? Why....so I can click on the next alert without having to scroll back up through the current thread I was alerted to before going to next alert.

Just a thought from my lazy scrolling fingers. Maybe not important, maybe too much screen real estate would be lost?

Merry Christmas! ?

9-DF21-ABD-1505-47-F7-8-CC5-FBEB1-B282-F30.jpg

May I suggest testing the "M4M" forum style?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when logged in (these days), I occasionally click on a hotlink in a post that links to another forum thread..... but when I get to the new link (the other forum thread), I seem to not be logged in anymore in that new window......

is this happening to anybody else??.......

Yep, it's happened to me as well.

I have only just noticed that when a previous comment is replied to or quoted, the cited poster's name is hotlinked back to the relevant comment. I don't remember this feature being present in the old version, and I find it very helpful. It's only taken me three weeks to notice.

I have only just noticed that when a previous comment is replied to or quoted, the cited poster's name is hotlinked back to the relevant comment. I don't remember this feature being present in the old version, and I find it very helpful. It's only taken me three weeks to notice.

If I understand what you are describing, it is not a new feature. I remember a little arrow in the quote that would take you to the original post.

The arrow was there but the name of the original poster wasn't highlighted.

@Guy Fawkes or anyone .....why do the options for formatting my message, inserting a pic, etc sometimes greyed out. As I post this the options are greyed out. Here’s a link to a screenshot, image link option is greyed out for this posting now?

Seems random I have not been able to isolate when it happens. iPad/Chrome btw

https://i.postimg.cc/t4m4FScm/7706-D597-C1-A7-4-D19-B573-FEF3-FBC9-F3-E8.jpg

It usually means that you're in BB code mode, If the last icon (the gear) is red click it to switch modes.

@Guy Fawkes or anyone .....why do the options for formatting my message, inserting a pic, etc sometimes greyed out. As I post this the options are greyed out. Here’s a link to a screenshot, image link option is greyed out for this posting now?

Seems random I have not been able to isolate when it happens. iPad/Chrome btw

https://i.postimg.cc/t4m4FScm/7706-D597-C1-A7-4-D19-B573-FEF3-FBC9-F3-E8.jpg