Sugar Is KILLING Us - Seriously

MasssageGuy
This topic is 1704 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Recently, I've been watching lots of documentaries on Amazon Prime about the food we are consuming.

Frankly, we are killing ourselves with the processed food we are consuming.

Just look around at the epidemic of obesity, diabetes, heart disease.

Anyone else come to a realization that each of us needs to change our dietary habits?

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That reminds me, a masseur I met told me about his new diet of strictly steak and eggs...and I think just coffee and water. He had done a lot of research on it and when he was talking to me about it he said that he already felt much better...haven't hired him in several months though so not sure how it worked out.

I've been watching a lot of those shows as well, and I completely agree. It's processed food that I'm most worried about. It's poison.

I personally am an advocate for the ketogenic lifestyle. I think the human body is designed to burn fat for energy instead of carbs. The keto diet is very difficult to stick with though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketogenic_diet

This is a good example. However, I am less concerned about the natural sugars that would be in an apple or banana, than any of the other items that appear in this picture. The added sugars are the real problem, more so than those that are naturally in a piece of fruit.

I totally agree. It is the added sugars that are in so much of our food. High Fructose is seriously bad.

What about those Naked juices?? I think the bottles say its all natural??

Naked is owned by PepsiCo (named Brad's Drink Company in some alternate universe) and it's all right there on their website. All of Naked's most popular flavors — the ones you'll find lining the enormous coolers of stores like Costco — have an incredibly high amount of sugar.

Yes, Naked his super high in sugar!

The problem is that it is processed food. You are better off eating the apple. Processing concentrates sugar and takes out fiber.

Our food and attitudes are definitely killing us.

If we can be objective, its also a huge factor overlooked in over-simplified arguments about our health care system and comparisons to countries with national health systems.

We're a society that values convenience and quantity over qualtity more than any other on earth. We dont want to eat healthy, we'd rather take pills for cholesterol, GERD, sugar/diabetes, etc.... and drive thru at McDonalds.

Edited by LaffingBear

Our food and attitudes are definitely killing us.

If we can be objective, its also a huge factor overlooked in over-simplified arguments about our health care system and comparisons to countries with national health systems.

We're a society that values convenience and quantity over quantity more than any other on earth. We dont want to eat healthy, we'd rather take pills for cholesterol, GERD, sugar/diabetes, etc.... and drive thru at McDonalds.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/gerd/symptoms-causes/syc-20361940

I was not familiar with the term.

One of the first 45's I bought at the age of 7

Every Friday night in the fall, it was rollerskating night at the recreation center by our house. I remember this song, and seeing my little brother kissing the girl who lived next door while this song was playing. Thanks for the memory.