Ice-T claims he’s never eaten a bagel

samhexum
This topic is 1832 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Ice-T announced on Twitter Friday that he’s never eaten a bagel in his life.

A fan asked the “Law and Order: SVU” star what his favorite type of bagel was, and he responded, “Lol. I’ve never eaten a Bagel in my life…” Obviously, fans were in disbelief about his response, with one even attempting to call him out for apparently having eaten cinnamon raisin a bagel on his hit series.

“Lol. TV is make believe,” he replied.

Twitter users must have continued to express their shock at his revelation because Ice-T seemed to reach his limit.

“White people.. Don’t lose your Fn minds because I’ve never eaten a Bagle [sic].. Take it easy…. lol,” he tweeted.

The 60-year-old rapper isn’t the only person to have surprised people with his eating habits, as Kylie Jenner shared she had never tried milk with cereal until September 2018.

Kylie called the combination “life-changing.”

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can someone be in NYC and never eat a bagel? :)

But cereal is easier to understand. When I was a boy breakfast was usually oatmeal and instead of sugar and milk I put butter on it. My mom was a diabetic.

I remember after having my tonsils removed the hospital served me oatmeal and rather than butter they provided sugar and milk. My mother showed up and was none too pleased. But I didn't feel like eating anyway.

funny when I looked at the topic it said IceTea had never eaten a b...

I was sure it was going to finish with the word butt.

I would get it considering CoCos butt it would take the jaws of life to release him.

I like big butts and I can not lie...bless you CoC0,Sagat and Raphael Alencar

• 4 months later...

A highly offensive photo of bagels, sliced as though they were loaves of bread, is spreading controversy across the internet.

The man behind this crumby outrage, Alek Krautmann, says the serving style is a St. Louis specialty and even claims, dubiously, that people love it.

“Today I introduced my coworkers to the St. Louis secret of ordering bagels bread sliced,” tweeted Krautmann, along with a picture of the abominable bagels from a Panera Bread in St. Louis.

“It was a hit,” he promised.

But over in New York, people were calling the sideways slicing a schmear campaign against a Big Apple classic.

“I just have to say… ‘Why?'” asked Scott, the general manager of New York bagel staple Zabar’s for over 40 years. “That’s bizarre… I’ve never seen it done and I don’t know the purpose of it. If someone asked for that, they’d be looked at like they were from another country.”

The bagel monstrosity also boiled the blood of everyone from NYPD Chief of Detective Dermot Shea to Councilman Justin Brannan.

“Thank you for reporting this crime, but we only serve New York City, where this would NEVER happen,” Shea tweeted.

The hatched-up bagel job should be made a Class A Felony in the Big Apple, added Brannan.

Meanwhile, some people pointed out the connection between Panera’s history of Nazi ties — the company’s founding family had links to the Third Reich — and the way they’re willing to carve up bagels.

“This is anti-Semitism,” tweeted professional skier Gus Kenworthy.

Added the user @OhNoSheTwint: “I’m reporting you to my rabbi.”

Comedy Central writer @TimDuffy added, “This is duck food.”

When asked for comment, Panera calmed that “bead slicing bagels is a well-known secret in St. Louis,” and they even replied to Krautmann’s tweet by tweeting: “Hey Alek, next time bagels are on us, sliced however you’d like. ? Can you DM us?”

However, some St. Louis residents joined in on the outrage — promising they’d never treat the delicacy that way.

bagel-slices-583.jpg

:)

A highly offensive photo of bagels, sliced as though they were loaves of bread, is spreading controversy across the internet.

The man behind this crumby outrage, Alek Krautmann, says the serving style is a St. Louis specialty and even claims, dubiously, that people love it.

“Today I introduced my coworkers to the St. Louis secret of ordering bagels bread sliced,” tweeted Krautmann, along with a picture of the abominable bagels from a Panera Bread in St. Louis.

“It was a hit,” he promised.

But over in New York, people were calling the sideways slicing a schmear campaign against a Big Apple classic.

“I just have to say… ‘Why?'” asked Scott, the general manager of New York bagel staple Zabar’s for over 40 years. “That’s bizarre… I’ve never seen it done and I don’t know the purpose of it. If someone asked for that, they’d be looked at like they were from another country.”

The bagel monstrosity also boiled the blood of everyone from NYPD Chief of Detective Dermot Shea to Councilman Justin Brannan.

“Thank you for reporting this crime, but we only serve New York City, where this would NEVER happen,” Shea tweeted.

The hatched-up bagel job should be made a Class A Felony in the Big Apple, added Brannan.

Meanwhile, some people pointed out the connection between Panera’s history of Nazi ties — the company’s founding family had links to the Third Reich — and the way they’re willing to carve up bagels.

“This is anti-Semitism,” tweeted professional skier Gus Kenworthy.

Added the user @OhNoSheTwint: “I’m reporting you to my rabbi.”

Comedy Central writer @TimDuffy added, “This is duck food.”

When asked for comment, Panera calmed that “bead slicing bagels is a well-known secret in St. Louis,” and they even replied to Krautmann’s tweet by tweeting: “Hey Alek, next time bagels are on us, sliced however you’d like. ? Can you DM us?”

However, some St. Louis residents joined in on the outrage — promising they’d never treat the delicacy that way.

bagel-slices-583.jpg

Have you ever visited St. Louis? Unlike New York City, the Cardinals' baseball stadium* is located downtown near the arch and the Mississippi River. The city is also the home of Budweiser. I do not remember if the city has bagels even though I have been there four or five times.

*The St. Louis Cardinals' attendance has been second only to the Los Angeles Dodgers for the last four or five years.

• 5 weeks later...
Bagels are Jewish ethnic food. I'd never even heard of a bagel before I moved to New York.

Not everyone indulges in food culture.

There are a lot of people who prefer to stick with what they grew up with.

I still see grown adults eating kids cereal at diners.

That's interesting. How long have you lived in NYC, and did you move from a very small place? I mean I agree once upon a time they may not have been that well-known. I can remember in third grade (1969-1970) a mention was made of them in our Social Studies Book. My teacher, bless her heart, was from the area. I don't know how much travel experience she had. But bagels were probably not a common item in a smaller (but not small) Texas city with a population of about 150,000 (49 years later the population is a little over 250,000). She pronounced them as if the a-sound were like the "a" in apples. Of course being in the know, I had to raise my hand and share my knowledge with the class that the a-sound was long like the "a" in bake.

There were probably about 6 of us who were Jewish in my elementary school. There was one other child-a girl-in my grade. But I can't remember if she was in my class or the other third grade class. But she never drew attention to herself about being Jewish at that age as far as I can remember. So I was the only one who would've corrected the teacher. Of course T (my fellow Jew) ended up marrying into a very Orthodox family and has probably been much more observant over the majority of her life than I have been.

Gman

Ice-T announced on Twitter Friday that he’s never eaten a bagel in his life.

A fan asked the “Law and Order: SVU” star what his favorite type of bagel was, and he responded, “Lol. I’ve never eaten a Bagel in my life…” Obviously, fans were in disbelief about his response, with one even attempting to call him out for apparently having eaten cinnamon raisin a bagel on his hit series.

“Lol. TV is make believe,” he replied.

Twitter users must have continued to express their shock at his revelation because Ice-T seemed to reach his limit.

“White people.. Don’t lose your Fn minds because I’ve never eaten a Bagle [sic].. Take it easy…. lol,” he tweeted.

The 60-year-old rapper isn’t the only person to have surprised people with his eating habits, as Kylie Jenner shared she had never tried milk with cereal until September 2018.

Kylie called the combination “life-changing.”

Also, it seems odd that he has not eaten one having been on movie/TV sets. They are foods that are commonly on these types of places as nourishment.

• 3 weeks later...
Neither have I. Why is this a surprise? They look to have the same texture (and I assume, the same taste) as styrofoam.

I have to admit that while I've eaten bagels, I've never eaten styrofoam. I'm going to assume bagels are chewier than styrofoam and much better tasting. If you decide to try, I suggest eating them with butter-or using them for a salami sandwich with mayonnaise. They are (depending on the source and freshness) delectable.

On a tangent, I've have eaten English Muffins before, and I'm not a fan. They are dry and tasteless.

And Fr. baguettes are ok. But if you want to talk about texture. Even before my Myasthenia Gravis, I found them a tough chew.

Gman

Edited by Gar1eth

I have to admit that while I've eaten bagels....They are (depending on the source and freshness) delectable....I've have eaten English Muffins before, and I'm not a fan. They are dry and tasteless.

Gman

Are you aware @GMan that English Muffins are only found in the USA? I don’t know how they were invented. The nearest English product is the crumpet which is eaten at tea-time only, never at breakfast, when toasted and spread with butter

I can't believe there's an entire thread about this. wow who cares

I wholeheartedly and thunderously agree with you!!! ...viewed the title and thought I'd access the thread out of curiosity.

I don't give a rat's ass or a good fuck as to what this handsome man eats or doesn't and am rather surprised that one took the time to include a thread here. Where is the value?

Lets get serious and focus on some of the more important aspect of one's life. [i shall not cite examples.]