Jimmmy Dean Sausage TV Ad

OneFinger
This topic is 2052 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Don't know if this is happening elsewhere but here in Portland I'm noticing a strange TV ad for Jimmy Dean Sausage. He sold the company to Sara Lee in 1984. They have continued to use his folksy ad since buying the company.

However there has been a real increase in the number and frequencies in the ads. Am I the only one that finds it strange they still running Jimmy Dean's commercials?? He's been dead over 8 (yes EIGHT) years.

I find it creepy to hear dead man still pitching sausage for a company he sold almost 35 years ago.

Edited by OneFinger

Colonel Sanders still appears in KFC commercials. You're not going to try to tell me that's an actor, are you?:confused:

LOL!!!

George Hamilton IS the Colonel!!!

cfafdbc24e8cb895ffc737e4dcb213ca

KFC reveals a new Colonel Sanders as sales soar

https://www.businessinsider.com/kfc-has-a-new-celebrity-colonel-sanders-ray-liotta-2017-9

ray-liotta.jpg?w=768

TruHart1 :cool:

Ya, the Jimmy Dean ads kinda freak me out a tad, and the ever-changing Colonel Sanders casting make me nuts- I mean, really, Reba MacIntyre? Jason Alexander? Who thew hell comes up with this stuff? The other day, I saw an ad featuring a bunch of small kids throwing up and saying "poopy pinata"- WTF?

The last time I saw an ad for Jimmy Dean sausage he was not in the ad. It is creepy that they are still using them, though.

Come to think of it, the

and they were pretty weird. A guy was in a sun costume and people in planet costumes were slowly walking around him. Then he served them Jimmy Dean sandwiches and they were orbiting him faster.

The ones with Dean are less creepy. :eek: