Ever Do Karaoke?

Avalon
This topic is 2018 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

It is nerve wracking but I've never been to Karaoke where the audience was rude. So I do karaoke from time to time even though I'm not a good singer. I really bombed one night while visiting a Russian River bar trying to sing the Beatles "Revolution". I do better with the oldies like Otis Redding's. "Sittin on the Dock of the Bay".

I’m Filipino and there are two things I get asked all the time. First, am I a nurse? Second, do I like karaoke? No to both. I’ve been to so many family gatherings and you can bet that the host has a karaoke machine or someone is bringing one. And they’re serious about it too. They all think they can sing very well. All tone deaf. Ugh.

Absolutely not. I am doing people a favor. No one would want me to do karaoke. When my family sang "Happy Birthday" our dog used to skulk away.

I can't sing "worth a darn" but people loved to hear me singing "Happy Birthday". At work when someone's birthday was being celebrated in the break room and not in my unit I was often asked to come and sing "Happy Birthday". It was all great sport!

• 3 weeks later...