Ft.Lauderdale leboy and Boardwalk what happened?

johnjohn
This topic is 1184 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hi , So what has happened to the male strip clubs in Ft.Lauderdale?

I visited last week, it was Bad.

I went to Leboy 1 time, what few dancers were hoarded up in groups smoking like a freight train, drinking. or wiping there noses.

Not even paying attention to customers.

And rode by Boardwalk No cars in the parking lot , so did not even waste the $$ to go inside.

I know its the off season and the Red tide has invaded the South Florida Beaches, but come on people.

Have the hookup apps killed that business also?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@johnjohn thanks for the update and sorry you don’t have better news to share. I’ll be in Miami this weekend and was going to check out BW, LeBoy, and Johnson’s again. I’ll report back.

Re: Johnson’s. Their Facebook page is promoting their participation at Atlanta pride this weekend. Does that mean Johnson’s will be slower this weekend? Are the dancers going up to ATL?

Re: LeBoy

I think it makes a difference which night you visit. I was there last Friday and had a good time again. Ten echt-twink dancers, many Latino. They did not hang out together or smoke; I was pleasantly surprised at the manner in which almost all regularly circulated around the bar, said "hello," and introduced themselves. I have found a place at the bar where the noise level is not too bad. No outstanding dancers last night, but all OK to good twinks, nothing else. All were very obliging, chatting, etc, and I had a lot of fun. Especially recommended - Chris, Alex, Esteban, Ryan, Miguel. Not a large crowd of customers, but pleasant. Chris the bartender was there.

Re: Boardwalk

Nights vary. When I stopped by on Friday a few weeks ago, the parking lots were filled, and cars were parked all along the side streets and on the grass. Inside was packed, and it was difficult to walk through. There was a lot of business at the three bars inside. And there were lots of dancers.

Edited by Karl-G

Concerning boardwalk, I think it may have been more like a few months ago. Within the last year this place has taken a nose dive. This place is like Titanic without the pleasure of Leonardo DiCaprio. Longtime employees and any decent looking dancer have hopped on a life boat. The only difference with Titanic is that ownership seems to be dressing as a woman and jumping on a lifeboat. Another sign of something going on is that boardwalk isn't advertising in hotspots magazine. They went from a two back page ad to a single page , now nothing.

It is a sad sight to walk in around 11pm and the place is slow, not like it was prior to Johnson's when you couldn't walk around the place without bumping in to people - and have over 30 dancers .

Johnson's has definitely taken the lead in male entertainment.

Concerning boardwalk, I think it may have been more like a few months ago. Within the last year this place has taken a nose dive. This place is like Titanic without the pleasure of Leonardo DiCaprio. Longtime employees and any decent looking dancer have hopped on a life boat. The only difference with Titanic is that ownership seems to be dressing as a woman and jumping on a lifeboat. Another sign of something going on is that boardwalk isn't advertising in hotspots magazine. They went from a two back page ad to a single page , now nothing.

It is a sad sight to walk in around 11pm and the place is slow, not like it was prior to Johnson's when you couldn't walk around the place without bumping in to people - and have over 30 dancers .

Johnson's has definitely taken the lead in male entertainment.

+1

And what Victor and Shaun did to try and shut Matt (the owner of Johnson's) down was absolutely shameful.

My report from last Friday night:

LeBoy: decently busy with about 10-15 guys. Mostly were twinks but did notice a few more jock-ish types - an improvement in my book. Agree with other comments that most dancers hang among themselves and didn’t interact with patrons.

Boardwalk: kinda depressing and slow. Maybe 10 guys. None impressive or anything new. Had to tip a guy just so he’d walk away. I was there less than 10 minutes. I’m bummed BW had gone downhill so quickly. It used to be one of my favorite spots.

Johnson’s: definately the best of the three. Lots of variety - leans jocks to big muscle guys. Some new faces I haven’t seen before. Wish some of the guys were a little friendlier and interact more with patrons. About 15 guys. My only complaint was there was some sort of scented air conditioning, almost like incense. I thought it was pretty strong but eventually got used to it.

Hope this helps.

I am glad that mikefl81 posted something about Johnson's recently. I'm coming down to Ft. Lauderdale next week and went to their website and noticed that the last time they posted something was in April. I haven't seen anything on Instagram or Facebook from them in quite a while. (LeBoy posts on Instagram and Facebook on a daily basis). Maybe they don't need the publicity.

My reason for checking their website was to see if they had dancers on Wednesday. Their weekly schedule lists dancers Thursday through Sunday, but only talks about drinks on Wednesday.

Do anyone know?

Hello all. Visiting w/ some friends this week. No big changes since previous a visit earlier this year except that Johnsons is far busier. Boardwalk is awkwardly quiet, but our visits were early in the night. LeBoy was packed Friday night. Not so much Saturday night. As usual about 2 or 3 standouts and a lot of "no thanks." Only change I've noticed at LB is the drink prices .. $6. Johnsons success may be forcing them to get realistic. I'm not into big muscle so most of the Johnsons dancers don't do it for me, but they do have 4 or 5 guys for twink fans. But only 2 of them were stunners.

By the way, may I say HELL YES to Mike81's comment about the air freshener at Johnsons. I'm not normally one of those overly sensitive to smell. But holy hell the scent is overwhelming before the door even opens. It's a great idea to get that upscale vibe with scent, but for the love of nostrils, turn that shit down lol. It's nauseating.

Sorry to hear about Boardwalk. Used to work there. The muscle and bber guys left as more twinks were being favored for bookings.

I went to the BW for years. I probably have seen you... ;)Back in the day, the BW was the gold standard in FTL, but the bigger boys left because Victor got lazy and took his customers for granted, ran the club into the ground and the place became a dump. The twinks were always third rate and just annoying. All the BB's went to SR, then on to Johnson's. A much more promising venue.

Edited by bigvalboy

I was in Florida last week and went to Johnson's twice. I like dancers that are on the thinner side and I would prefer a dancer who is gay over one who is straight. (That is just my preference)

On both nights I struck out on the thinner dancers - most guys were muscle builders well over two hundred pounds. And I think I struck out on the gay issue. I have a pretty good "gaydar" sense and I have a strong feeling almost all of the dancers were straight. The bar itself is very nice and I like the fast rotation of dancers! Everyone was friendly and accommodating but it just wasn't my "cup of tea".