Ft.Lauderdale leboy and Boardwalk what happened?

johnjohn
This topic is 1193 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I was in Florida last week and went to Johnson's twice. I like dancers that are on the thinner side and I would prefer a dancer who is gay over one who is straight. (That is just my preference)

On both nights I struck out on the thinner dancers - most guys were muscle builders well over two hundred pounds. And I think I struck out on the gay issue. I have a pretty good "gaydar" sense and I have a strong feeling almost all of the dancers were straight. The bar itself is very nice and I like the fast rotation of dancers! Everyone was friendly and accommodating but it just wasn't my "cup of tea".

I feel ya man. It's a great place. Drink prices are reasonable. It's comfortable. Staff is solid. But yeah the beefy guys aren't so much my type either. You can tell they do make an effort to appease us, but I've never seen more than 2 or 3 on a given night that I'd swipe right on Tinder on. I get the preference for gay. I'm actually the other way around. I like having fun with straight guys for the fantasy aspect of it I guess. The thing I like about the clubs is finding a guy I wouldn't be able to be able t0 have fun with in real life. When I find a cute but a little tough lean straight guy, money tends to fly out of my wallet. :)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cockeyed, you just hit Johnson's on an off night. I prefer the big guys, but also appreciated a guy who is smaller but ripped and buns of steel, lol. There are a few smaller guys of Latino background who are also gay, and man are they great in private!

Johnson's is a place where you get your regular dancers and then lucky to find an occasional dancer who only shows once a month. It's that one gem that makes you hooked on the place.

If worse comes to worse, I think I can find a couple of gay dancers who will keep you occupied all night and broke!!!!!

Guest Jockseeker

Went to Johnsons this weekend.. absolutely the best. Hot dancers all over the bar... beautiful men! Friendly and not over aggressive.

Federico is a 10++! Lucio a creamy skin muscular ripped beauty.. so is Alexander!

As for arranging privates outside, a lot depends on how you come off. I would say you need to have a rapport with the dancer first. They cannot leave in the middle of a shift.

It is a well run establishment!

Wish someone could get a pic of the pricelist wall in LeBoys private area. Hilarious that they even breakdown taxes on private dances.....:)

Boardwalk has the ultimate layout. The semi outdoor cafe in front is great. The bathroom is elegant. The oval bar is good. Its just the ugly dancers ! As someone said, you have to tip them between sets to get them to leave you alone.

• 1 month later...

Update on boardwalk: I stopped in Saturday night. They are under new ownership, and they are taking steps to turn it around. They are doing remodeling where currently they took out the third dance station (a box, lol) and the cage. It pretty much looks like Hitler's bunker after the war, but give them credit for trying to stay open and upgrade at same time. Luckily, they still have bartenders Felipe and Roger. The dancers are starting to look a lot better, especially if you like Latin men. One in particular, Lester a Cuban (I guess they have too many Carlos' dancing there), worked me like an old lady works a slot machine spending her retirement check. The difference is I paid off. I never seen that much energy in a dancer, lol.

All in all, it looks like a positive move.

The one thing they need to change is the pricing system for the use of the rooms. They are charging $20 for a one time use or $35 for all night. That does make one think twice about going out back, especially if you go just down the road to Johnson's and only pay $10 for an all night wrist band, where the men are a little hotter and the cubicles well lit so you can see.

Update on boardwalk: I stopped in Saturday night. They are under new ownership, and they are taking steps to turn it around. They are doing remodeling where currently they took out the third dance station (a box, lol) and the cage. It pretty much looks like Hitler's bunker after the war, but give them credit for trying to stay open and upgrade at same time. Luckily, they still have bartenders Felipe and Roger. The dancers are starting to look a lot better, especially if you like Latin men. One in particular, Lester a Cuban (I guess they have too many Carlos' dancing there), worked me like an old lady works a slot machine spending her retirement check. The difference is I paid off. I never seen that much energy in a dancer, lol.

All in all, it looks like a positive move.

New ownership? Hmmm ... looking forward to hearing more updates. Might have to schedule a road trip soon.

• 4 weeks later...

I used to go to BW all the time. But my most recent visits have all been pretty unimpressive, especially after the raid where a few got arrested for drug dealing (but they seem to have missed the biggest dealer there, don't ask me how i know, i just do). The dancers are not particularly hot, and they can be clingy. Drink prices are off the charts compared to spots on the drive. Victor (the former owner) seemed to have lost interest and he is not looking good last time i saw him in person, so maybe he is getting on the years and suffer from health problems. (although apparently he is still a partner with the new owners)

LeBoy is too twinky for my taste, but the place looks nice. It is essentially Johnny's with a new name.

Johnsons is the place to go now, especially if you like muscle. I recently went on a Wednesday and the place is pretty full. Drinks are gigantic (8 bucks for an entire pint glass of vodka soda and at least half of it is vodka), and men are hot and not TOO pushy although some might try to steer you into the VIP booth (never been in them and not sure how much they charge). Most of the guys seems straight (but 20 bucks is 20 bucks) but its a fun place to hang for a bit. Matt is a cool dude.

I was at Boardwalk a few weeks ago on a Wednesday and had a great time.

VIP booths have been revamped and there are renovations going on inside the club. Now there is one large main stage instead of the previous multiple gogo stations. A much more open plan now and additional seating avail.

Cover on a weeknight was $5. VIP wrist band $25 for weeknights and $35 for weekends. Drink price for my tall Tito’s and soda was $6.

All in all, I was pleasantly surprised. Hope the trend continues.

I was at Boardwalk a few weeks ago on a Wednesday and had a great time.

VIP booths have been revamped and there are renovations going on inside the club. Now there is one large main stage instead of the previous multiple gogo stations. A much more open plan now and additional seating avail.

Cover on a weeknight was $5. VIP wrist band $25 for weeknights and $35 for weekends. Drink price for my tall Tito’s and soda was $6.

All in all, I was pleasantly surprised. Hope the trend continues.

THANKS for the informative UPDATE ! sounds like it's moving in a good direction.

• 3 weeks later...

I went to Boardwalk and LeBoy on Thursday and Sunday nights.

LeBoy - pretty much the same. Vast, vast majority are twinks. I did notice 2-3 athletic/muscle-y guys. It was a nice change from there usual lineup and I hope that continues.

Boardwalk - as previously mentioned, it’s undergone a HUGE makeover - I didn’t recognize it when I walked in. Everything is redone - new bars, paint, lighting, stage. The whole ambiance is different. One of the dancers mentioned the new owner is straight and owns a straight stripclub. It has some of the regular BW dancers and some of the dancers from Johnson’s. The Johnson’s dancer was telling me Johnson’s just has too many dancers and it’s hard for him to make money there. I really hope BW recruits some new dancers, and the competition between BW and Johnson’s only helps us clients! ?

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to bump this up. No one has written anything about southern FL for over a month. I was there for a few months this winter and went mostly to LeBoy and had a great time each time I went. I like it when one gets to know a dancer and then on return trips you don't have to start again with all the small talk and he feels comfortable with you.

The renovations inside inside the club were impressive, especially considering how badly they were needed. The patio was closed, but a dancer told me it's also going to receive a makeover. No changes noticed in the lap dance "rooms", but I don't know if there's much that can be done there. Dancers still run the gamut from a few hot to more not, as always that depends on the customer's taste.