Ft.Lauderdale leboy and Boardwalk what happened?

johnjohn
This topic is 1194 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Cost for private rooms were cheaper. Normally it was 90 for 15 min with 50 to dancer, 40 to house. Cost was 70 with 50 to dancer and 20 to house. No self-parking fee, but valet available for $10. Well vodka drinks were under $5 ($3-4 depending on night.)

I'm horrible with names, so I apologize for not remembering. But most dances were fun and very interactive. Out of 5 dances, only one I would not repeat. (The guy who was selling shots and was pretty new. Not comfortable in the back really at all but was friendly and fun to talk with before hand.)

I saw one of the dancers I know from prior trips moved from LB to Johnson's. Says he still likes LB, but the crowds are getting smaller. Johnsons was much more money for him. I went by Johnson's on Wednesday and I could certainly see a significant difference in crowd size.

Johnson's however because of the curtain rule does not allow for as much interaction.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Better rate overall. Glad to hear the split is much more in favor of the dancer. Just might have to return next time we're in town.

I recall similar pricing at Cupids Cabaret back in the day. Ahhhh ... memories of some smoking HOT men. I've settled in to Johnsons. Best vibe of the clubs. Have had dancers break the curtain rule :p

• 4 weeks later...

I got back from Florida this morning. I went to LeBoy twice and have a few things to report. Apparently, of the two new owners who bought the place from Sean, one of them bailed almost immediately because business was so slow, leaving the other owner to fend for himself. (This information is from one of the dancers, so of course take it with a grain of salt.)

For those of you who remember the bartenders Chris and Andy from the original Johnny's - they are still there!!!

Also there from the original Johnny's is the bouncer Lee. (Always with a big smile!!)

Yiannis is still there. He has been working out and has given up booze. He looks good. I'm not sure what his new position is.

As far as physical changes go, they removed the small stage at one end of the bar and put in couches. I never saw anyone sitting in them. Parking is free, BUT on the two nights I was there, there was no parking attendant or valet parking. I drove around and around looking for a place and finally waited for someone coming out of the bar to move his car. Other guys were driving around as well and it looks like several gave up and drove off.

I spent both nights entirely with a new dancer from Costa Rica named Fernando. Beautiful smile, intelligent, able to carry on a conversation, and hot!

If anyone hears any news about the owners, please post.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just returned from Ft L yesterday. I stayed 3 blocks east of Le B in an Airbnb. I thought the club was GREAT! Lots of sexy young men, many of them new. I guess they are mostly “twunk” - early to mid 20s but nicely built. A lot of sexy men of color. I think the heavy tattooing is starting to be passé which is fine with me. The club wasn’t jam packed but reasonably full most nights.

Unfortunately I was coming off a cold and didn’t partake in any lap dances. But enjoyed talking to the fine fellas. I’d give them a small Xmas present instead.

Also the handsome and friendly Rene bartends there now. Nice chatting with him.

I was in miami for the holidays and here is my brief report.

LeBoy - same old same. Lots of twinks more interested in dancing than actually talking to customers and potentially making money. There was only one guy I sorta liked - light eyes, muscle-y - but he was kinda popular and talked to one customer the entire night. On the plus side, it looks like they no longer charge for parking (still gotta pay for valet). I’m not really a fan of twinks but I’m always looking for the diamond in the rough ?

Boardwalk - still like the remodeling they did but wish they recruited some new dancers. I didnt spot any new dancers - same dancers I’ve seen for years. No one worthy of a private dance.

Johnsons - many familiar faces but lots of new ones too, including a few new Europeans and Canadians. James from Montreal is adorable - light eyes, muscle body, early 30s. Really nice and friendly, and popular. Had a fun private with him. Also did a few privates with guys I’ve seen before. It still amazes me that some of the dancers dont do a better job working the room. Overall, Johnsons is probably the best of the bunch in south Florida. Hopefully the winter season brings some new, hot guys on my next trip down there.

• 1 year later...

The VIP rooms were $25 per “session” and $45 for VIPs For the entire evening.

I found this ridiculously overpriced and much higher than what I’d been quoted recently.

Last night Boardwalk's VIP was $30 per session or $60 for "all night" given to the house. There were only 3 dancers in the place on a Monday at 11pm. The dancer I took back to the VIP area was friendly enough, but I enjoyed the VIP booths at Johnson's much more, even with the new open curtain policy.

Went to Johnson's, LeBoy, and Boardwalk last week to get away from the mess in DC... had the most fun at LeBoy to be honest. At Johnson's, on Friday and Saturday nights, you could not move in the place. Overall in Florida, there is no concept of COVID, but at Johnson's... you literally were shoulder to shoulder through the entire bar. Not a mask to be seen unless you were BEHIND the bar or on the stage.

Boardwalk... Vicki is still there outside. Lots of fun hanging out in the cafe. The dancers inside were as others said the same 'ol group that are overly aggressive and won't take no for an answer.

LeBoy was more of the "just right". Not too busy, not completely dead. Had a few dances and a good time overall.

I was at Johnson’s and Boardwalk this past weekend.

I agree about Johnson’s. It was jam packed on Saturday night. A fun energy in the place but so crowded it was almost stifling. Sunday night (pre-MLK Day) there was still hoppin’ but more manageable in terms of crowd capacity. Still super hot dancers although I feel the VIP rooms weren’t as “fun filled” with the current combo of open curtains and Covid.

Boardwalk on Saturday night was also packed. But since Boardwalk has a better layout with more seating, it was a more comfortable experience. The caliber of dancers isn’t as high as Johnson’s, but there were several gorgeous South American dancers there with whom I had a...blast...in VIP. Lol. Went back to Boardwalk on Sunday and the place was deserted. Maybe a dozen patrons and 4 dancers (I left after one drink and headed to Johnson’s).

Overall a very nice weekend in Fort Lauderdale!

Living in NYC, where everything has been locked down since March, I’m not sure what to think of how Florida is dealing with COVID.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article248584670.html

You shouldn’t believe Florida’s reported numbers because the governor has manipulated them several times. At some point excess morbidity might give an accurate picture.

Johnson's is enforcing an open-curtain policy now?

Last week I was at Johnson's, LeBoy, and Boardwalk. The dancers at Johnson's obeyed all the mask rules and Kelly the curtain behind them open during a lap dance. I still had a fantastic time on multiple nights. Patrons, on the other hand, had to be frequently reminded to keep their masks on. If you visit mid-week it is possible to maintain 6ft separation from everybody. But on Fridays and Saturdays, forget about it. It's almost as crowded inside as pre-Covid.

Last week I was at Johnson's, LeBoy, and Boardwalk. The dancers at Johnson's obeyed all the mask rules and Kelly the curtain behind them open during a lap dance. I still had a fantastic time on multiple nights. Patrons, on the other hand, had to be frequently reminded to keep their masks on. If you visit mid-week it is possible to maintain 6ft separation from everybody. But on Fridays and Saturdays, forget about it. It's almost as crowded inside as pre-Covid.

So it's the curtain behind the couple facing the wall closed, not one in front opening onto the audience. :)

So it's the curtain behind the couple facing the wall closed, not one in front opening onto the audience. :)

Customer's back is to the wall, facing the audience. There are curtains to right and left of customer, which block views from others getting a lap dance. There are no curtains in front of customer right now, but the dancer in your lap would obstruct your view of an audience anyway. So someone looking in from the audience would really only see the dancer, not the customer sitting down. Plus, there are booths in the front of the curtains which further restrict any on-looker's view.