Where Do You Carry Your Wallet?

Avalon
This topic is 2082 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in the day when I used to wear at tie at work, I found that putting my wallet in my back pocket would cause unnecessary wear in my slacks so I switched to putting it in the front. If I put it in the back now, it feels really uncomfortable when I sit, like I have a deck of cards under my right cheek. It’s always in the front now.

Edited by Mr.E

People might not carry cash anymore but where do you carry your ID, driver's license and debit and credit cards?

Cards are in the smartphone (apple pay and such) for most people....you don't need the actual cards anymore, really, since you can just tap your phone to the cc reader. ID is rarely needed and can slip in the phone case easily enough. Actual cash is becoming antiquated, it seems, but there's always a money clip (I gave one as a gift last year, actually), if you need one.

Cards are in the smartphone (apple pay and such) for most people....you don't need the actual cards anymore, really, since you can just tap your phone to the cc reader. ID is rarely needed and can slip in the phone case easily enough. Actual cash is becoming antiquated, it seems, but there's always a money clip (I gave one as a gift last year, actually), if you need one.

I'm a dinosaur I don't have a smartphone.

I have a stack of cards in my wallet: Medicare Insurance Costco etc. My wallet lives in my left front pocket. My debit card and gym card are in my iPhone case which lives in my right front pocket. I haven’t carried cash in 3 years. The only time that became problematic was when I dropped into a church service at Christmas and had nothing to put in the plate. They got a check when I got home.

(Not trying to sound harsh, here....)

You also don't leave your apartment. Where you carry your wallet is kind of academic since you're not really at risk for pickpocketing, etc., :)

But that's only been since last April. I now keep my wallet and car keys in a kitchen drawer.

I have less than $10 in my wallet. I can't remember how I got it since I've not used cash to pay anything long before I became housebound.

On the news they've been talking about the new phones. $1000!!! Too dear for me!

I have a landline phone and pay less than $5 per month.

Landline? Is that like snail mail?

Yes! :)

I have a rent box and still get some things like meds and Amazon delivered there. I do not want them left on my door step. I still subscribe to the TV GUIDE. I have since I was a teenager. My present subscription expires May 2010. I probably won't resubscribe. Since I'm dependent on my landlord to bring me my mail I often don't get it timely.