Q. Athletic Underwear, Sneakers, & Gym Gear

Chad Constantine
This topic is 2093 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I’m fascinated by some of the replies to the OP.

I belong to 2 smart gyms where the membership has a large number of fit young gay men. I can assure you that guys pay considerable attention to what they wear to work out, and in the changing rooms they often notice what designer underwear guys have.

What's a smart gym? Is it ivy league?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's a smart gym? Is it ivy league?

@Deadlift1 I described the 2 gyms where I have membership as “smart” because each markets itself as high-end, has luxurious facilities and an expensive annual membership fee. Neither gym offers daily passes except to members wanting to bring a friend, and those are limited in number...tho strangely I‘ve never been refused when I request a guest pass for a visiting handsome male model.

I thought you were referring to a gym that you enter with a fob. My x-fit gym has 24/7 access, which I love, and it’s a 5-minute walk from my house.

Oh man I didn't know there were gyms like that. Would you know of any others that are like that? My work schedule is pretty all over the place so a gym like that would really help.

Oh man I didn't know there were gyms like that. Would you know of any others that are like that? My work schedule is pretty all over the place so a gym like that would really help.

Anytime Fitness has locations all over the country and many non-USA counties as well. You get a fob that lets you into any club, anytime. The facilities vary by franchise ownership group, from decent to fantastic. It’s great when traveling, especially by car. They do tend to be in suburban and small-town areas rather than urban centers; there wasn’t one in Manhattan last time I checked. But driving from the Midwest to NY, I’m rarely more than 45-60 minutes from one, and they are often 19 min. or less from an interstate exit.

Anytime Fitness has locations all over the country and many non-USA counties as well. You get a fob that lets you into any club, anytime. The facilities vary by franchise ownership group, from decent to fantastic. It’s great when traveling, especially by car. They do tend to be in suburban and small-town areas rather than urban centers; there wasn’t one in Manhattan last time I checked. But driving from the Midwest to NY, I’m rarely more than 45-60 minutes from one, and they are often 19 min. or less from an interstate exit.

I guess I will have to move to New Jersey to enjoy such luxuries lol. It would be a great gym to join since I am always trying to travel to Japan any chance I get. Hopefully, they will open some branches in Korea and I will be set for life. I wonder if there are any other similar gyms out there in the USA besides Anytime Fitness.

I guess I will have to move to New Jersey to enjoy such luxuries lol. It would be a great gym to join since I am always trying to travel to Japan any chance I get. Hopefully, they will open some branches in Korea and I will be set for life. I wonder if there are any other similar gyms out there in the USA besides Anytime Fitness.

snapfitness.com — we have one of each where I live. Here, the Anytime Fitness is much more popular. Worth checking both out.

I spent 5 weeks in Salzburg and joined a really well eguipped and beautiful fitness-studio (as they call them) for a month for €60. You can almost always find a gym that offers a 24 hour pass anywhere in the world.

Really because when I was originally searching for 24 hr gyms the 2 stated above never popped up. Maybe I was using the wrong search terms in google so the results I was actually looking for never were displayed for me to find. I had only ever found gyms that did not pass the 24/7 or even the 24 hr test. At the time never thought to do a search for fitness studios.

I spent 5 weeks in Salzburg and joined a really well eguipped and beautiful fitness-studio (as they call them) for a month for €60. You can almost always find a gym that offers a 24 hour pass anywhere in the world.

great price!.....a few of us paid $60 for just a week's membership at the World Gym in Palm Springs this last spring during the forum get-together.....at that rate, I certainly got my ass in there every day!

Edited by azdr0710