What Class Do You Fly?

Avalon
This topic is 2094 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/gordon-ramsay-children-not-fly-first-class-chef-tv-wealthy-flying-luxury-flights-airline-a7764416.html

My uncle (father's brother) had a vacation home in Kauai. After he died his widow did not want to go alone so she took her sister-in-law (my aunt, the sister of my uncle and my father).

My uncle's widow paid all the expenses. She flew first class. My aunt economy.

The widow rented a car. She'd take it and play golf almost every day leaving my aunt home.

Cheap Ass Bitch === Then Go By Yo Sef --- Or hire a companion ---- OOHHH Cheap Ass Bitch

I always try to fly American, because it offers "upgrades" when checking in at the airport. I book economy or economy with more legroom, then when I begin checking in at the kiosk if there are any first class seats available a "Would you like an upgrade?" message comes up. If you select "yes" it will usually give you a chance to move up to first class for any where from $35-$150. If a flight is less than 2 hours I can handle cramped economy. Otherwise, for longer flights I opt for economy "plus" which is anywhere from $30-$79 more and is supposed to give you up to 5 more inches of legroom. I also carry an American Airlines Advantage Mastercard that I use for all of my purchases and earn frequent flyer miles. Twice now, I've had enough miles to fly first class to fly from the Midwest to the west coast to see relatives (though the second time around I had to by some miles for around $350 to get first class). With the credit card my first checked bag is always free. I also paid around $85 for TSA clearance, so I don't have to wait in long security lines.

The class depends on the distance of the flight. As I have smaller frame the economy class is not at all uncomfortable. It actually has more than enough leg room for me. But, I typically upgrade if I know I have to spend hours there. First class is dangerous for me. A friend and I decided to upgrade to first class heading to NOLA and I got drunk before the flight even took off. What can I say? I’m a light weight LOL

Just got back from an International flight: back of the bus. An aisle seat, children's liquid benadryl, silicon ear plugs and my favorite eye mask, and I'm set. Additionally, I prefer not to sleep on the flight back to the states, it's a perfect opportunity to catch up on reading.

Edited by Rod Hagen

I LOVE flying at night when they turn down the lights. There's something about the dimly lit ambience, the quiet inside the plane and the constant hum of the jet engines. Then to look down and watch all the lit up towns go by.....it's like being in a dream. Some of the newer planes have special LED lighting that can change colors and add to the dreamlike ambience of the plane at night.

But the cum stains won't show nearly as much! :D Your housekeeper should now how to deal with them!

http://www.thehomoculture.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/mile-high-club-guy.jpg

I remember flying peasant class once. Children were screaming and playing a toned down version of “The Hunger Games” in the aisle. I think only 3 made it out alive once we were on the ground. Just remember to not wear anything white as the blood will be difficult for your housekeeper to scrub out.

I found to Asia it's best to route around-the-world, continually going west. Usually with a European stopover. Even if it costs a tiny bit more, it's much cheaper than biz class and avoids jet-lag.

Tasso, did you mean FROM Asia? I can't see where you can go west to Asia with a stopover in Europe.

Then you must be one of the fortunate who can sleep well on red-eyes.

I’m very much a morning person. I can get up at 2:00am ET without allot of trouble after an acclimation day.

I can get on an 8pm out of Atlanta and have melatonin-assisted sleep for a good 6 hours, especially if flat.

But going west is really hard. I’m usually in bed before the sun goes down in Hawaii, for example. And even further is worse.

I’m very much a morning person. I can get up at 2:00am ET without allot of trouble after an acclimation day.

I can get on an 8pm out of Atlanta and have melatonin-assisted sleep for a good 6 hours, especially if flat.

But going west is really hard. I’m usually in bed before the sun goes down in Hawaii, for example. And even further is worse.

To me, the miracle of flying west is getting there an hour or two after you departed.

When I fly to Australia I have no problems at all but when I return home east to the US I'm dead tired and can't get out of bed in the daytime for a week.

When I fly to Europe I'm beat for a day with no sleep, but returning to the US I'm fine, just getting up very early. I like that a lot.

Coming home from Asia with a stopover in Europe get's me on that second routine.

I fly Bangkok to Miami several times a year. I have no problem with it. I take an 8am out of Bangkok getting into Miami about 10pm. Lots of hours but same day. In bed at midnight, up in the morning and business as usual.

Ive done it thru Doha a couple times, one stop and gets in a few hours earlier. I usually am in business. Don’t sleep well but do get a couple little naps in. Jet lag has just never been much of an issue for me.

Flying west is so easy on the body.

Our secret is to plan our long haul flights.

Our regular commutes to the UK and Europe at least 24 flying time, takes planning to avoid jet lag.

We fly from Sydney fairly early in the morning our current fav flight is a 8am to Singpore.

8 hours lets us into Singers just after 2 pm local time, 4 pm

Body clock time. no sleeping on the plane

We enter Singers , go for a walk, either High Tea at Raffles or a hawker stall for dinner.

An early nights of at least 8 hours , often 10-12 hrs.

Up at 7 body clock time, 5am Singers time,

The 9am to London.

12 hours later it's 9pm Singers time, but coming up to 4pm in London, again no sleeping on the plane.

Out for dinner in bed by 11pm London time, up on UK time the next morning well rested.

coming back going east we take a late afternoon or evening flight out of Europe, try very hard not to sleep, into Singers later afternoon, head to an airside hotel room, booked for 2 x 6 hr slots, sleep 10-11 hours.

Get up shower have breakfast in the lounge, board a flight at 7am , 9 am Sydney time, 8 hours daytime flying into Sudney around 7pm, head home, sleep 7-8 hours ready to go normal body clock the next day.

It's all in the planning.